15. Worst Babysitter

ASHLEE'S POV:

Slowly waking up I felt Laddie curled up to me, smiling I carefully moved to the other side of the couch. I must have fallen asleep reading to him.

SHIT! Remembering that I was supposed to be looking after Sam I could see the sun starting to seep into the cave. Mom is going to kill me! I tucked the blanket around Laddie and rushed out of the cave, running to the boardwalk trying to see if I could find Sam. He must have already been home, jumping on my bike I rode back to grandpas.

Killing the engine before I got close enough I pushed my bike the rest of the way trying to be as quiet as possible. I climbed up the side of the house peeking through Sam's window a sigh of relief escaping from my lips as I saw him tucked in his bed. I made my way to my room, carefully opening the window making sure I didn't wake anyone up. I sure as hell didn't want to wake mom up, she would kill me if she knew I left Sam by himself at the boardwalk. Sneaking into my bed the floorboards started to creak but I managed to make it to my bed without anyone coming in. Closing my eyes I tried getting a few hours sleep at least.

SAM'S POV:

Waking up from last night I decide to go and see if either of my siblings decided to come home. I expected Mike to leave me but not Ash, she was always looking out for me and to say I was kind of worried about her would be an understatement considering what happened the other night. Opening her door slowly I could see her with her blankets haphazardly lying over her, she must have snuck in. Walking over to her I shake her lightly, I didn't want to scare her since she can be cranky when she wakes up.

 She shot up staring at me with wide eyes and wrapped her arms tightly around me. "I'm so sorry Sam!" She whispered still holding onto me. She pulled back scanning over me "Are you okay? How did you get home?" She questioned. "I'm fine sis, Edgar and Alan took me home. I doubled on Alan's bike with him" I say with a smile. "Are you okay though? Where were you? I was worried" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "After I left you in the comic book store I went and saw Mike and the lost boys, I was just chatting with Star when I heard that asshole from the other night. Mike and the boys started asking questions and when I told them they were furious. I was so worked up that Mike and Star took me back to the cave to calm down and I ended up falling asleep" she said without looking at me, I could tell she was still pretty shaken from what happened. "But that's no excuse for being the worst babysitter ever" she finally looked at me. Hugging her I let her know it was okay. I thought it would be best to let her have some rest so I got up to go back to bed. "Also don't worry, I haven't said anything to mom either" I smiled at her leaving her room.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Sam left and with that I crashed back down onto my bed looking down I realised I was still in my clothes but I didn't care, letting sleep consume my tired aching body for a few more hours.