41. You're not Markos Type

SAM'S POV:

"You know something is up with Ash, and I'm going to find out. It's got something to do with Marko" Mike huffed. He was right Ash was acting weird, "well she's suddenly started eating pickles" I start. "And she's been running off to the bathroom heaps" Mike finished as his eyes went wide. "What? What do you think it is?" I questioned. "She's fucking pregnant!" Mike yelled. "Who's pregnant?!" Mom mimicked Mikes tone as she walks in the door. We both stared at her not knowing what to say, "uhhh one of our friends back in Phoenix" I lie, safe to say I was better at it than Ash because mom didn't probe any further. As soon as she left I looked back at Mike, "we have to ask Ash" he whispered. Nodding we decided to get ready to head to the boardwalk.

Mike decided to find Star before we talked to Ash. While he did that I headed to the comic book store to see Edgar and Alan. "Hey Sam! How's it going?" Alan greeted me. "I'm good! Have you guys seen Ash at all? Mike and I are trying to find her" I asked the brothers. "Yeah I saw her with the lost boys and her friends. They've only just arrived so they shouldn't be too hard to find" I thanked Alan for the info. "You okay Sam? You seem a bit preoccupied" Edgar piped up. "Uh yeah, I just need to ask Ash something" I told the brothers hoping they wouldn't ask anymore questions. I wanted to check with Ash first before I started talking about it with anyone else.

"Hey Sammy, have you seen Ash?" Mike asked as he came in with Star. "No I haven't, but Alan and Edgar said she's around here somewhere" I informed him. "Wait why are you two so hell bent on finding your sister?" Star asked and I could see the Frog brothers trying to listen in. "We just need to ask her something" I stated, trying not to cause any suspicion. "Well while your brother was dragging me here I saw her near the beach with the boys" Star rolled her eyes. Making our way down to the beach sure enough they were all there, Mike seemed less nervous than me but he's always been able to be straight up with anyone.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Laughing hysterically at Paul's corny jokes the girls were crying messes like me. What made it even funnier was when Marko snorted while he was laughing, it was the cutest thing ever! The night air was refreshing and it helped keeping me awake, considering how tired I was from the long day Marko and I had.

"Hey girls! And boys!" Star yelled as she made her way towards us with my brothers. She gave me a warm hug and sat next to me, with my brothers next to her. Caught up in chatting with Star about anything and everything I didn't notice Mike and Sam staring intensely at me. I didn't notice until Marko pointed it out, "are you two okay over there?" Marko cocked his eyebrow at my brothers. Sammy looked lost for words but Mikes never been one to feel embarrassed. "Actually we need to talk to our sister, alone" Mike said with a strong tone. Looking between my brothers Sam was still nervous. Standing up my brothers followed my lead as we went for a walk along the beach, I didn't know what they wanted to talk about but my nerves were starting to get the better of me. Mike broke the tension, "how are you Ash? I feel like you've been through a lot and we haven't spent much time together" Mike held a warm smile and his eyes held the same warmth. Sighing lightly, "yeah I'm going okay, I guess I have been a bit overwhelmed. My life's been flipped upside down a little bit" I looked back at him and then Sam. "I can tell" Sammy said as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Well... well... well... look at what we have here" her annoying voice filled my ears. "Since you're hanging around these boys I guess Marko is a free man?" The waitress from the other night laughs as her friends mimic her laugh. Her I could probably deal with but her group makes it worse. Luckily I have Mike and Sam with me this time. "Think again, these are my brothers and well you're not Marko's type!" I clap back at her. "Wait she's that waitress from the other night, the one who wouldn't stop staring at Marko" Mike whispered, I nodded in response. "Look how about you and your little group piss off. Marko isn't interested in you and he never will be" Mike stood his ground. She snarled at him before turning and storming off. "Thanks Mike" I said hugging him. "Well now that she's gone and you're okay, we have something to ask you" Mike suddenly looked slightly nervous, which was out of the blue. He was starting to become jittery. I came to realise what he was going to ask, they've figured it out. Before Mike had the chance to ask me I blurted it out.

"I'm pregnant!"