35. You Hate Pickles!

ASHLEE'S POV:

"Uh what?" My face was puzzled. "Seriously Ash, your memory is shocking" she cackled "if a vampire drinks a witch's blood they keep their immortality but can also live a more normal life. He'd be able to actually go out into the sun" she smiled as she spoke. A light bulb turned on in my head, vaguely remembering that I had read that in my book. "Just make sure he doesn't drain your blood like Max did" she warned. Nodding as Reah walked in, "Ash can I curl your hair please?" She begged as I sat down waiting for her to start. Alice went and grabbed Star so we could have some girly time.

We made our way back downstairs where my brothers were and grandpa as well. Heading towards the fridge I was starving, craving pickles. "Uh Ash, why the hell are you eating a jar of pickles? You hate pickles!" Sam was mortified at the sight of me eating pickles from the jar shrugging at him I just kept eating them. "Well peaches looks like someone's got some unusual cravings" grandpa said while raising his eyebrows at me. Sending him a toothy grin I quickly put the pickles away as my brothers watched me, suspicion evident in their eyes. "Let's go to the boardwalk!" Reah cheered.

Taking Alices car and Mikes bike we made it down to the boardwalk just as the sun slipped beyond the horizon, the moon making its first appearance. Heading to the diner we went to when we first got here I waited eagerly for the lost boys to arrive on their motorbikes. My palms were clammy as my head began to feel dazed, I made a quick getaway to the bathroom hurling into the toilet. "Ash... are you okay?" Stars soft voice made its way to me. "Yeah I'm okay, just felt a bit nauseous that's all. Might have been the pickles " I try to lie, emphasis on the try because I'm terrible at it. "Are you sure Ash? You don't seem fine to me" I slowly unlock the door of the toilet stall as Star is standing there with compassion on her face, sighing I thought maybe I could tell her. I just wasn't sure if she'd tell Mike, I didn't want my brothers to know yet.

Without realising Star had already placed a hand on my stomach, finally snapping back I looked down, her face was riddled with shock. "You're pregnant" she said just above a whisper. "Please don't say anything to Mike or Sam!" I said as I gently placed my hand over her mouth. She removed my hand, "don't worry, your secret is safe with me" she smiled and gave me a reassuring hug. After helping me clean myself up we both made our way out of the bathroom seeing Paul cozied up to Reah while Dwayne and David were in deep conversation with Alice, Mike and Sam I was sad not being able to see Marko anywhere. When a pair of strong arms wrapped around my torso the familiar patches adorning them as I smiled. "You look stunning in this dress, but it would look better on your bedroom floor" Marko growled in my ear sending shivers down my spine as I smirked at his words. Rolling my eyes I turned around placing a quick kiss on his lips, leading us back to the booth. "Well if it isn't the two love birds" Paul teased. "Ha I could say the same thing about you" I cocked an eyebrow as he blushed slightly, laughing at his state we all started talking about what we were going to order.

The waitress came to collect our orders starting with Sam then Mike, Star, Alice, David, Dwayne, Paul and Reah. It was my turn, "uhh can I have... a cheeseburger with extra pickles, fries and a lemonade please" I smiled as my brothers looked at me weirdly. The waitress failed to return my smile rolling her eyes at me instead, wow rude! As she began taking Marko's order you could see her undressing him with her eyes, her voice changing to a sickly sweet tone. I guess the others could see my distaste, I wasn't hiding the fact that I didn't like what she was doing. Marko seemed oblivious to what was going on but Sam snapped me from my thoughts, "Ash, what is with you and the pickles?!" Sighing out loud I looked back at my brother as Star, Alice and Reah looked at me wondering if I was going to tell him. "Look Sam, you never used to like mayo either but now you practically have it on everything. I like pickles now, it's not a big deal" I huffed.

I just hope tonight isn't one of 'those' nights.