34. You Know Me so Well

ASHLEE'S POV:
The sun was streaming in, it seemed slightly brighter than I remember. It could have something to do with me now being part vampire. Rolling over the girls are still sound asleep. God it's so nice having them here with me, I forgot to even ask them if they're staying. I guess I can ask them when they wake up. Trying my hardest to not wake them up I sneak my way out of the bed. Slowly stretching my achy limbs I catch a glimpse of myself in my mirror. My mouth hung slightly agape, the girls didn't lie when they said the pregnancy would be in hyperdrive. My stomach was slightly protruding, I quickly grabbed my hoodie pulling it over my head.

I made my way down stairs and mom was already up. "Hey mom, how are you?" I asked smiling as I walked into the kitchen. "Oh morning sweetie, I'm fine" she smiled briefly. Hearing her sigh I knew something was bothering her and I had an idea of what it was. "Are you sure you're fine mom?" "Yes dear, Max left me a message saying he's going away and won't be back for a while. I guess I just need some time to focus on myself I think." her smile hiding her sadness. "How about we have a girls day, you, me and Alice and Reah? Might be nice to have some girl time" I grinned hoping she'd say yes. Watching her mull it over she smiled a genuinely happy smile, "that sounds lovely actually, you go and get the girls ready and we'll make a day of it. I have work later tonight so as long as we are home before 4pm we should be fine" she smiled as she ran off to get dressed. Smiling to myself I remembered what really happened with Max, a frown adorned my face but I quickly shook it off. I went back to my room seeing the girls still lightly sleeping, I chucked a pillow at Reah watching her flinch and wake up. "Hey what was that for?" She groaned as I laughed at her, seeing Alice wake up as well. "We are going to have a girls day with mom. She's down and I think you know the reason why so I suggested we go out and have some fun" I beamed. The girls started getting ready as I went to have a quick shower.

The water cascaded down, relaxing my body. I stared down realising how hard it was going to be hiding it from everyone. I would need to plan a break, away from the house when I started really showing. Trying to clear my mind I finished my shower drying off and getting dressed in my short white summer dress, making sure you couldn't see my stomach.

Making our way down to the boardwalk mum seemed to be enjoying herself which was good to see

Making our way down to the boardwalk mum seemed to be enjoying herself which was good to see. "So Alice how long will you girls be staying?" Mom asked the girls, I was meaning to ask but I forgot yet again. "Oh we should be out of your hair in a few days Lucy" Alice smiled. "Aw you don't have to sweetie, it's actually really nice having you girls around" mom smiled at the girls. "Well we have found a place but there's a few things to sort out still" "well that's settled then, you can both stay until you're sorted!" Mom grinned as we all laughed.

"Oh mom! You should buy this dress, it would look so good on you!" I handed her a long yellow summer dress. "Yes Lucy, that looks beautiful!" Alice and Reach chimed. Mom smiled as she went to try the dress on. Spending the rest of the day exploring the boardwalk and talking about girly things.

"Well girls, thank you for such a lovely day I had a lot of fun" mom said hugging all of us. "I better head to work now, can you take these home for me since I won't have time to head back" she handed me her shopping and headed off to work. We made our way back home and I could see Mike and Sam we're still at home as well, wondering if Star was still here I could hear them in the lounge. "Oh hey!" Star greeted us with a warm smile as the boys turned to see us. "Hey" the girls and I said in unison. Plonking down next to the Mike while the girls sat next to Sam on the couch. "So where did you guys head off to?" Mike questioned. "We took mom out, she was a bit down because of Max not contacting her" we each shared a look. "Well I'm glad she's okay and I'm glad you are too sis" Mike pulled me into a warm hug. We sat for a few hours talking about what happened and I finally got to spend some time getting to know Star as well.

"Wait so how did you meet the boys" I asked Star as we finished talking about college life. "Well me being a free spirit I guess I just stumbled upon them one night at the boardwalk. David was very alluring, as they all are, and don't get me wrong they are very good guys when you get to know them. I just knew that their lifestyle wasn't for me and as soon as I met Mike I wanted to get out of it but I didn't know how. I'm so thankful for what you did Ash, if it wasn't for you I would have been stuck there" her eyes slightly glossy as she looked at me. I grabbed her hand, "well I'm glad you met Mike because you've made him the happiest I've seen him in a long time and while I do really love the boys I can understand how you feel. Things like that can be overwhelming when you're not used to them" I smile at her. "So Star, since you've hung around with the boys a lot can you help a girl out. With big mouth Ash telling Paul I thought he was hot, as I'm sure a lot of girls in this place think the same, I want to ask him on a date but I'm not the best with words" Reah ended by lowering her head. "Aw trust me, I've seen the way he looks at you. You have nothing to worry about" Star smiled at Reah as she relaxed.

The sun was slowly starting to set which meant I could go and see Marko. Making my way up to the bedroom Alice followed me, "I know you're thinking about him" she teased. "You know me so well" I rolled my eyes. "You know you could just let him drink your blood then you'd be able to see him more often"