40. What's Going on Here?

DAVID'S POV:

Dwayne, Paul and I had woken from our sleep, Marko wasn't here still. I was starting to worry as he wasn't here when we first went to sleep. We all sat in the main cave waiting for the sun to fully set when Marko and Ash both entered the cave. To say we were speechless was an understatement, how the hell was he walking around in the damn sun without turning to dust.

"How the hell are you not burnt to a crisp" Paul yelled as Marko had his signature grin plastered all over his face while Ash held a small smile. "Well..." Marko started while grinning at Ash and then us. Raising my eyebrows I listened closely. Marko explained with the help of Ash how he was able to finally walk in the day light, I could see Paul and Dwayne staring at Marko a hint of jealousy in their eyes. If I'm being honest I was jealous too.

"Sooooo... you and Dwayne with Alice aye?" Ash bought me out of my thoughts with a smirk. The others didn't notice what she had said and I'm glad they didn't because I could feel my cheeks turning pink which normally never happened. Wait why did it happen, was I nervous? Alice was a cool chick and I know Dwayne liked her too which was a bonus. "You going to tell me what happened? Alice didn't share much" she wriggled her eyebrows. "Maybe I'll tell you when you tell me what you and Marko are hiding" I spoke quietly, waiting to see if she would spill her secret. I could see her thinking about what she was going to say, debating whether she wanted to tell me. She glanced back at Marko and then to her fidgeting hands.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Having an internal battle I was trying to decide whether to tell David about me being pregnant. I mean I don't think he'd have a problem but you could never tell what David was going to do, he was a bit of a wild card. I could feel him staring and I knew it would be sooner or later before they would be able to tell anyway. I guess it would mean I'd have to tell my brothers and honestly that scares me more than David.

Sighing slightly louder than anticipated David watched with eager eyes. "Well... I'm never great with saying these things" I started, struggling to get my words out, yet again. "I'm pregnant" I huffed. Staring at David awaiting his response my nerves slowly getting the better of me as I started juggling my leg. He wasn't responding like Marko when I first told him. Out of nowhere David stood up and pulled me up into a warm hug, I was a bit shocked. David never was one to show any affection so for him to hug me was out of the blue. I could tell the others were wondering what was going on because I could feel their eyes on us. David broke the embrace and made his way to Marko pulling him into a hug as well. "You better treat her right Marko, I can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew!" David beamed. I had never seen him so genuinely happy, it made me smile. The puzzled faces of Dwayne and Paul soon changed to excitement and joy. Paul shot up running over to me and wrapping his arms around me. I laughed at his reaction, he was always over excited. Dwayne came over and hugged me tightly, "way to go little one, you and Marko are going to be great parents" Dwaynes compliments caused me a smile. They all gathered around Marko patting his back and congratulating him.

"Hey guys!" Snapping my head around I could see Alice and Reah making their into the cave. "What's going on here? What are you guys celebrating?" Reah questioned the boys. "Babe, Marko and Ash are having a baby!" Paul chimed as he made his way to Reah, wrapping his arms around her. "Oh so you finally told them?" Alice asked as she made her way towards David and Dwayne. "Wait you two knew?" Dwayne said as he slung an arm around her. "Of course we knew" Alice snorted as she laughed, "we've known for a while" she shrugged. "So Ash, when are you going to tell Mike and Sam?" Alice cocked her eyebrow. Everyone turned to me as the thought of telling my brothers played in my mind. Just thinking about it made me panic. I was never one to have anxiety but announcing my pregnancy to my brothers made me feel nervous.

"Hey doll, are you okay?" Marko's reassuring voice seemed to calm me down slightly. Staring up at him I felt at ease. "I think I should tell my brothers" Marko nodded with his soft smile before kissing my forehead. "But before I do that can we have a night out on the boardwalk?" Marko smiled at my question, "anything for you princess". "Yes! Ash come on let's go get ready!" Both Alice and Reah grabbed my hand leading me to my bedroom in the cave. "Wait how do you guys know about this place" I quiz them as they both looked at each other with cheeky grins. "You two helped Marko didn't you?" I laugh.

The girls started rummaging through my stuff. "Oooooh Ash you have to wear this" Reah pulled out one of my dresses, "yes wear that one, it's cute" Alice added.

Laughing I grabbed the dress and put it on but not before the girls commented on my growing stomach

Laughing I grabbed the dress and put it on but not before the girls commented on my growing stomach. "Hun you do need to tell your family, it's going to be hard to hide soon" sighing I knew Alice was right. "I know but tonight we can just have a fun night, I don't want to think about that right now" I smiled as the girls nodded. Finishing off we headed back out to the main cave, "you look gorgeous" Marko smiled as he kissed me softly. No matter how many times I've kissed Marko he still seems to take my breath away. Heading towards the boardwalk the lights bright and the sounds echoing through the air.