22. Look There's Nothing Here

ASHLEE'S POV:

Starting a new day the Santa Carla sun streaming through the crack in my blinds I surprisingly felt better, happier! Making my way to the shower I stopped in at Sam's bedroom, I didn't like how we left off and I wanted to know what the Frog brothers said. "Hey Sammy" I say leaning on his door frame "Hey sis" his voice quieter than usual, "Can we talk?" He asked, normally he isn't this forward so it must be important. Making my way over to his bed he made a space for me to sit down next to him, I made myself comfy and waited for what he had to tell me. "So after you left" "Ah after you guys kicked me out" I corrected him. "Yeah... after that...well Edgar and Alan started talking about Mike. Ash they think he's a half vampire! They think it has something to do with the lost boys" staring at him I didn't know what to think. Half vampires and vampires? I mean I know I do black magic and I'm a witch so vampires being real is a possibility but that would mean Marko was a vampire. He can't be. "Are you sure it's the lost boys? I asked. "Well I thought it could have had something to do with Max, since you and I got weird vibes off of him, but the boys and I decided to test that theory at dinner. He passed all the tests so it can't be him" he stared at me waiting for my thoughts. "Are you sure you tested everything?" He nodded in response. "Well what's your plan then?" I asked, I didn't want them to hurt the lost boys but Mike couldn't become a vampire, Mike wasn't cut out for that life. "If you get dressed we can go to the comic book store and see what the brothers say" I nodded at Sam and made my way to have a quick shower, then chucking on something comfy.

Taking my bike to the boardwalk we pulled up to the comic book store and the brothers came rushing out dressed in camo gear, "Hey guys what's going on?" Sam questioned them as I watched from my bike

Taking my bike to the boardwalk we pulled up to the comic book store and the brothers came rushing out dressed in camo gear, "Hey guys what's going on?" Sam questioned them as I watched from my bike. "We need to go now, they'll be asleep and it's the only time before your brother loses control" urgency lacing their words. Pushing Sam towards me they briefed us on the plan, "hold up! You want to sneak into the cave, see if the boys are there because you think they're blood suckers and if they are you're going to try and kill David?" "Yes that is exactly right" Edgar confirmed. I had no choice but to go along with them, I needed to be there to make sure they were wrong or didn't do anything stupid.

The drive to Hudsons Bluff was too quick and the sun was sweltering. Getting off of my bike the brothers finally made it, they made pretty good time since they were on push bikes. We made our way down to the entrance of the cave and I could feel that Marko and the boys were here but I couldn't hear anything. The Frog brothers went first sneaking around the cave, it felt weird feeling the boys presence but not seeing them. "Hey, there's a draft coming from over here. We should check it out" Alan whisper yelled causing us to follow him and his brother. Cobwebs and dust getting caught in my hair as we managed to crawl through the tight space, what on earth are these kids doing, surely there wouldn't be anything down here. Coming to a small open space we all stood up dusting ourselves off, it felt extremely cold and an odd feeling washed over me. "Look there's nothing here" Sam whispered looking around he was right there was nothing. A look of sheer horror overcame Edgar and Alan's faces, following their gaze I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Quickly cupping my hand over Sam's mouth before he could scream we all stared at the ceiling.

There they were, all four boys hanging upside down, asleep. All I could think about was Marko, he was a vampire. Running through my thoughts everything clicked. I only ever saw them at night, he was always freezing and no wonder he laughed when I said I didn't want him to freeze to death. He was already dead. Pulling myself back to reality I must have been too caught up I didn't realise Alan and Edgar were climbing up with their stakes in hand. "We don't know which one is the head vampire, we'll start with the little one" Edgar said getting closer to Marko. No! He can't hurt him. With that my eyes rolled back and something dark took over, it was hard to explain but I could hear distant yelling. It sounded like Sam and the Frog brothers but I couldn't be sure.