39. I Want to Show You Something

MARKO'S POV:
I had forgotten how beautiful the world looked in the daylight, being restricted to living in the shadows it made it easy to forget.

Heading off of the coast road we made our way to a nature reserve, you could hear the birds and animals in the forest. Helping Ash off of my bike we decided to head for a walk along the track, making our way to a secluded waterfall. The way Ash's face lit up brighter than the sun made my heart warm, warmer than the sun on my skin. Inhaling the fresh air I closed my eyes basking in the heat. Snapping back to reality I heard the water splash watching as Ash stripped down into her underwear walking into the water before slipping under. My heart would have skipped a beat if it wasn't dead. Seeing her come back up I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding onto. "Come and hop in! The water is so nice!" Ash called out to me. Hesitantly I looked behind me then back to her, she had the most smug look on her face. Stripping down to my underwear I stuck my foot in, it was bloody freezing! Gritting my teeth I kept going finally wading to her. She dragged me closer to the waterfall swimming underneath it. Seeing her face in the sunlight was perfection, you could see every little detail. Her light peppering of freckles dotted across her nose or her dimple that became visible when she smiled. How did I miss these things before. I could have spent all day wading in the water with Ash but she had other plans.

"Let's get out of here, I want to show you something" she had a dorky smile on her face. We dried off in the sun and quickly got dressed. Ash took the lead, riding my bike as I got on the back. This was the best seat in the house, her scent was filling my nose as the air brushed past her. We pulled up to a row of buildings that all looked the same, Ash hopped off dragging me with her. She seemed so excited and it caused a smile to form on my face.

ASHLEE'S POV:
I couldn't wait to show Marko my work, he didn't know but I decided to drag him along to the exhibition I was organising before I moved here. Bursting through the doors the smell of paint filled the air, turning to Marko his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store, I knew he'd appreciate it. "Is this your stuff?" He asked, his eyes wandering across the gallery. Letting go of his hand he made his way around the gallery, invested in all of my pieces. Both mom and dad would never come to something like this, Sam and Mike might but they never really understood my passion. "Ash, this is incredible!" His compliment made me blush. None of my family even cared about my work but Marko was so excited. After spending a few hours talking about my art and how much he loved it we decided to head back home, the sun was slowly starting set and I wanted to grab some clothes and take them back to the cave.

Marko took me back to grandpas so I could grab some stuff, he decided to wait outside while packed a bag. Walking into the kitchen I decided to grab some pickles, craving them again! I could hear muffled voices coming from upstairs. Slowly creeping up it was coming from my room.

"She's eating pickles, again! You two know something that we don't!" I could hear Mikes voice was slightly raise. "Look you need to ask your sister, if she wants to tell you she can but we aren't" I was glad Alice and Reah had my back. Barrelling into the room I refused to acknowledge their little group chat. I grabbed my backpack and started chucking clothes in. "Ash, what are you doing?" Reah questioned, "I'm just packing some clothes, I'm going to stay with Marko for a bit" I smiled. "Like hell you are!" Mike was pissed, "look Mikey, I'm going to do what I want" I stood my ground. Mike huffed as he stormed out of my room, Sam hot on his heels.

"Where have you two been anyway? I'm sorry I left you last night" I asked the girls. "Well if you must know" Reah started with a smirk. "I spent the night hanging out with Paul, obviously, buuuuuuut you should hear what Alice got up to" Reah wiggled her eyebrows piquing my interest. Alice rolled her eyes at her sister as I laughed, "soooooo I was chatting to Dwayne and David and well the tension started rising and may have got a bit heated" her voice tapered off. I struggled to keep my mouth closed. "Are you serious, the three of you? Didn't think they'd be into that, more so Dwayne but wow! You go girl!" I grinned at the girls. "Well I'm gonna head off, Marko's probably wondering what I'm doing" I said as I hugged the girls and said good bye. Walking past the lounge, Mike and Sam were scowling at me causing me to rush out. Thankfully Marko was still waiting patiently as ever, "got everything doll?" "Yup, enough to last me a week or so". With that he took me back to the cave, the boys were just getting up as the sun was slowly fading. Their eyes wide as we walked in.