33. Can You Say Something

ASHLEE'S POV:

I must have looked like a deer in headlights when Marko snuck up on us but I quickly regained my composure. "Oh nothing important" I tried to play it off but I was never great at lying. He must have sensed that I was reluctant to talk at the moment so he decided not to push me any further. The girls stared at me as if to say you need to tell him. "We'll let you guys have some time together," Alice smiled as we all stood up and they left. I knew they were going to do that, I mentally face palmed. Smiling at Marko as he stood next to me, his presence making me feel safe. It was safe to say I loved this boy and as much as I had plans, knowing I would spend the rest of eternity with him only made me feel like a giddy school girl. Leaning my head on his shoulder I inhaled his scent mixed with the sea air.

"I'm glad you're here Ash" his words were sincere. "I know I wasn't the nicest person to you after the Frog brothers tried killing us and I wanted to apologise" he looked down at me his eyes slightly glossy. "I understand Marko, I would probably be the same to be honest" I reassured him. No time was ever going to be right so I needed to tell him and it was now or never. I could have waited and tested but I already had a feeling I was, the knots in my stomach evident that something wasn't normal. Getting lost in his eyes I almost forgot what I was meant to do. Shaking my head I focused back on what I needed to tell him. "Marko, I have something to tell you" I looked up towards the sky and then back to him, his face filled with slight worry, mine mirroring his. "I... Well I'm..." Sighing I always struggled getting my words out when I was stressed. "Marko I'm pregnant" I blurted out. He was shocked you could tell, it was written all over his face. Standing in silence I was becoming uncomfortable at his lack of response. "Marko can you say something, please?" My eyes searching his for some sort of emotion.

Out of nowhere he engulfed me in a bear hug, his breathing slightly out of the ordinary. He was nervous and so was I, he still hadn't responded. Pulling apart he stared deep into my soul, "I love you more than anything, Ash. I know we haven't known each other for a very long time but like you said it feels like I've known you forever. I never thought it would be possible to have a proper family, with being a vampire and all but anything is possible with you in my life" god this boy was a soppy nugget but it only made me fall even deeper than I already was. My hands rested on his chest as I tippy toed to place a soft kiss on his lips. "We should probably head back to the cave, you need to rest and I should probably spend sometime with Sam and Mikey" a small smile on my face, I had eternity to spend with Marko and I missed my brothers. "Can we keep this between me and you for now, I don't want to tell my brothers just yet" I asked looking at Marko, "of course doll" he said after kissing my forehead.

Heading back down to the cave I tried clearing my thoughts so no one could sense my uneasiness. Walking over to my brothers they smiled at me as did the Frog brothers, I was quite surprised that these kids had stayed and were even in deep conversation with Paul and Dwayne. "Well kiddos, it's probably time we headed home. The sun will be up soon and I really want my bed" I laughed as Sam and Mike got up, ready to go. Saying our goodbyes I placed a loving kiss on Marko's lips, "I'll see you tonight princess" his nicknames making me smile. With that we left, the sun starting to peek over the horizon.

Finally making it home after dropping the Frogs off Sam was greeted by Nanook nuzzling into him. He went to bed as Mike took Star to his room. The girls piled into my bedroom, it was a full house right now, I hope mom doesn't get too mad. Lying in my bed I couldn't help but think about mom, how was she going to feel, Max was gone and she would never know why. With one last thought of Marko I closed my eyes, sleeping the stress away.