04

Jalanee Coleman | 19Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I walked into the wellness center, it was my fourth day here. I got assigned my assistant,his name was Elijah.

Me and him hit it off quickly, he was bisexual, and was currently in a relationship with this boy that i knew back in college.

I had finished up with my second patient for the day and decided that i wanted lunch. Elijah just happened to be there. He patted the chair next to him, wanting me to sit down.

I grabbed my salad out the fridge and sat next to him.

"I don't know how you do this, it's so dark here then you in rooms talking about dark shit all day."

It was true, most of what means my patients talked about were dark and i wouldn't want to wish that on anyone, it doesn't really effect my personal life because everyone has a little baggage in life.

"I don't know how i do it either, what you eating?", i leaned over looking into his tray of food to see fries and wings.

"You want some?" he offered, I nodded my head no and smiled.

"Bitch if you want some just say that", he said putting his tray closer to me.

I rolled my eyes and took a wing. It was lemon pepper wings too.

"Thank youuuu" , i dragged out while smiling,

"You don't needa worry about it, but you got a few new patients starting next week." He said, as i bit into my wing.

"Who? Male or female? I'm tired of male patients." I said.

"Just two and they both men." He wiped his hands with a napkin and pulled a few stacks of paper from his binder.

"Kentrell Gaulden and Jonathan Grinds, chile they both sound familiar." He said to me.

"I never heard of those names, where you heard them from?" I asked him, genuinely curious.

"I don't know i just do. Let me search it up." , He said, pulling his macbook out.

"Ain't that like illegal or something? ", I laughed, before he could speak I was interrupted by a text message, I looked down at my phone and realized it was from my business phone. I gotten a message from an unsaved contact.

225-372-2993
Hello. Is this Miss Coleman?

I cringed at the fact that whoever this was called me by that, but i couldn't help it.

Elijah was busy searching up my future patients.

I replied back asking who it was. I put the my phone back on the table, and peaked over at Elijah's computer.

"I searched up the Kentrell dude up and Nba young boy popped up." He said confused.

"Bitch i doubt it's him." I said laughing it off.