29

Jalanee pov

Jalanee pov

I walked into the hospital,signed in,and went straight upstairs. It was almost like this was a daily routine.

It was late at night and I decided to stay the night with Kentrell because I didn't want to feel lonely. I walked in and sat my food I got from American Deli down and stood next to Kentrell. I held his hands.

"Hey baby. I missed you. You missed me?" I said smiling he squeezed my hand twice,which meant Yes.

"Kayden birthday was fun. I wish you could've been there." I said unrapping my snickers bar.

"Why Baby joe baby mama popped up to the party?" I laughed as he squeezed my hands.

"Kayla told me not to tell anyone but she pregnant. I was surprised Kayla was in a long term relationship with a nigga back in Texas but she never wanted a baby with him." I said. I looked down at Kentrell and stroked his facial hair,which grew over the months.

"You getting a small little beard bae." I said smiling down at him. I kissed his forehead and he squeezed my hand again.

"What happened? What you want?" I asked him. He continued to squeeze to hand.

"You want me to lay in bed with you?" I asked. He always wanted me to lay on him from time to time. He squeezed on my hand twice. I took off my hoodie and got into bed with him.

"This small ass bed." I laid my head on his chest hearing his faint heartbeat.

"I miss you." I said again. We sat there in silence as I rubbed his chest. I ended up falling asleep.

 I ended up falling asleep

Kentrell Gaulden

I heard Jalanee snoring on my chest. I couldn't move or do anything. I just wanted to be able to hold my kids,and hold my girl.

Being in here brought me back. I wasn't scared to die. I was ready to just go. I didn't wanna leave my kids without a father. Let alone,leave my mama without a son.

My family visit every now and then,but it's Jalanee who visits almost everyday. I respected her for that. I should've never yelled in her face that day. I always push away people I love,and I wasn't trying to lose Jalanee because of it.

When i find these niggas I just know they going to have to lock me up again. I heard the door open,making Jalanee lift her head off my chest slowly.

"He's doing better. He'll wake up before you know it. No more sleeping in these hospital chairs ", The nurse said chuckling .

"Yeah I know I hope it's soon though. It's been long." Jalanee soft voice said to the nurse.

"Here I brought you these clean blankets." The nurse said.

"Thank you." I heard the door close back up. There was silence in the room but i still felt Jalanee's body on me. I heard her soft cries. I hated hearing her cry. She did this often though,I always acted like I was asleep because there was nothing I could do.

She kept on crying and sniffling and I decided to just squeeze her hand this time to let her know I'm listening.

"I know you don't like when I cry,but I just want you back. It's my fault. I love you too much to just lose you. I just wished I never walked out that day. I never felt this way about a man period. You know my deal with my ex. He was the only boyfriend I ever had. I never allowed myself to date again because I thought I would just setting myself up to get hurt again. Physically and Emotionally." She said.

Omniscient  Point Of View

After she said that everything became intense. Kentrell eyelids weren't as heavy anymore and his arm felt loose. He tried to squeeze her hand to let her know something was wrong but his whole arm ended up moving.

"Kentrell? You just moved?" She said getting off of me. He tried to do the same with my left arm but He couldn't. I moved my right arm again and I heard her steps get out the room. Kentrell eyelids popped open,and that's when Jalanee came in with A Nurse.

"Kentrell", She said with her mouth open. He quickly covered his eyes with his right hand.

"Kentrell what's wrong? Dim the lights." She told the Nurse.

The nurse dimmed the lights and She went to Kentrel's bed side and she connected some tubes together. Kentrell started to cough,and his eyes became lazy again. The nurse paged a doctor,and she looked at Jalanee.

"Honey can you speak for me?" The nurse asked him. Kentrell groaned in response and Jalanee began to get worried.

"Baby speak" Jalanee said holding his hand. Two doctors walked in with a team of nurses.

"Ma'am you know the drill. You need to step out." The doctor said. Jalanee kissed Kentrell's forehead and held his hand.

"Baby you're going to be fine okay.", Jalanee walked out with the nurse behind her.

"Is he okay?" She asked the nurse with a worried look on her face.

"Yeah he's fine. They're just checking if his brain is damaged and messed up any of abilities. His throat should be very dry since the lack of water. But I think he'll be fine." She said to me

"Are you sure?" Jalanee asked her,with her hands sweating. The nurse nodded and put her hands on her shoulders.

"He's going to be good. Maybe recovery but he did it. He's awake and You did a good job by staying by his side the whole time you don't have to stress." The nurse said before walking away.

Jalanee felt a big pressure off of shoulders. Kentrell wasnt at his best state but She was happy he was  awake. She pulled out her phone and called Kentrell's mom. As the phone ringed,Jalanee began to sweat.

"Hey baby. How you doing?" Sherhonda said.

"Kentrell's awake. The doctors are checking him right now. He's awake" She said loudly

"Oh my god. I'm on my way." Sherhonda said hanging up quickly.

Jalanee smiled and started to walk around in circles impatiently.

Jalanee went to go grab a water bottle and sat down in the hallway. She was confused,she didn't know how things will go back to normal when Kentrell would get discharged or whether there will ever be a normal. Jalanee's breathing started to get heavy. She sat up straight trying to get some air.

"Jalanee He's awake?" Kayla said walking up to her with the group behind her.

"Yeah he's awake." She said,making most of them run off in front of his room.

"Jalanee why you sitting on the floor come on get up." Kayla said getting closer to her. Jalanee's breathing got heavier. There was a darkness at the corner of her vision. Kayla kneeled down at her.

"Jalanee?" She said.

Jalanee started hyperventilating. Her head started pounding as her lungs started closing up on her.

"Lanee what the fuck?" Kayla tapped her face and tried to get to get up.

"Lanee breathe." She said straightening Jalanee's back.

Her ears started to ring. She felt a fuzz on her chest. Then that fuzziness turned to blank, bright white, and started spreading toward the center of my vision. It took a few seconds after that for her to realize what was happening. She lost consciousness and dropped to her side.

"Jalanee oh my god." Kayla said

__