16

Jalanee Coleman Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jalanee Coleman
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I woke up out of bed,and see Kentrell sitting up at the end of my bed smoking a blunt.

I looked to the left,where the clock was,and it read 8pm.

I shuffled a little bit on my bed,making Kentrell turn around looking at me.

"Your ass was sleep all day.", He said. I didn't speak. I never felt speaking when I first had woken up. He stared at me for a second before turning back around at the tv,and I seen the pill bottoms I had taken besides him.

I crawled to the edge of the bed,where he was at and snatched it. Once he realized,he tried to snatch it back.

"Where you found these?", He asked me.

"Kentrell you don't need to be taking these." I said walking away with the bottle and into the bathroom. He followed behind me.

"Jalanee", was all he said,I looked at him,then dropped the pills in the toilet and flushed it.

"I ain't gon trip. Go get ready we about to go out where something cute. Hurry up." He kissed my forehead and put the blunt to his mouth before walking out.

I rubbed my eyes,as I had crust on them. I retied my head scarf,and brushed my teeth.

"Jalanee",I heard Kentrell yell at me,I walked to the door and poked my head out the bathroom.

"What happened?", I said.

"Look at this puppy. Shit raw right?",He said pointing to the bulldog puppy on the tv. I laughed at how amazed he was by it.

"Yes Kentrell it's cute,You wanna get one?", He said still turnt looking at me.

"I don't want a bulldog,them dogs ugly. Maybe they'll grow on me when I get older." Kentrell sucked his teeth and turned back around.

I went to go shower and thought back about last night with Kentrell. I surely hoped being with him was the right thing for me,I can't afford another heart break,but I was still prepared for everything that happened. I decided to wear pink,simply because Kentrell loves the color on me.

Once i got out the shower,I walked back in the room and into my closet. Kentrell was no longer in my room,I didn't bother checking for where he was,I'm pretty sure his nosey ass is looking around my house.

I pulled out this pink dress,with a different shade of pink heels and a purse. I put on the dress,and put on some slides before walking back in the bathroom to do my hair. I got a facetime call from my sister. She was coming from Texas,telling me she had a some surprises  for me.

I slid the call,and I set the phone down.

"Where you going?", was the first thing she asked me.

"Out.",I rolling my eyes.