32

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

I walked in the work and went straight into my office.

Kayla
call me when you done from work

I hearted her message and turned my phone off. It's been a week or so since everything happened. Elijah's been distant towards me and ,I don't know what Ive been doing the everybody. I haven't been around anyone unless it was Ben or Kayla. Teelee always reaches out,but I feel like it'll be weird still back messing with his sister.

Speaking of the devil,he walked in my office and set some papers down and looked at me.

"Hey." He said dryly. I didn't say anything and just continued to sip on my coffee. He then looked at me.

"You been so moody these few days. Kentrell good?" He asked me again. I eyed him.

"You been moving funny these days too. Something must be in the water." I said rolling my eyes.

"What you talking about?" He scrunched his face.

"You should know." I said actually looking at him now.

"I just don't feel like fucking with you right now but you know it's all love." He said

I looked at him in disbelief and rolled my eyes.Everyone is so willing to leave me by my lonely and say they love me.

"ok", I said dryly.

"You should know why I don't fuck with you though."

"I ain't never do shit to you. If you don't wanna fuck with me that's fine. Get out my office." I said

"When you got like that?" He said laughing.

"You get around hood niggas for a minute and start moving like you the princess of da' raq' " He said again.

"You know why. Don't play dumb with me." He said.

"I don't know what i did to you." I said sighing

"So you going to sit here and act like you ain't know Kentrell killed my cousin." He said yelling. I was confused.

"What?" I said.

"Kentrell killed my cousin. I know he did." He repeated.

"Kentrell been in the hospital for months." I said shaking my head.

"He died the night right after Kentrell fell into his coma. Kentrell shot him." He spat back. I froze,it was all coming to me.

"Best believe my family taking him to court."
He said. My first instinct was to defend and protect him. Even thought we're not together,I always want the best for him.