25

Jalanee Coleman7:00AM

Jalanee Coleman
7:00AM

Kentrell fell asleep before I could go inside and visit him. I was the last one.

"You know you can go in and sit besides him?" Kayla said whispering to me.

"I'm scared",I blurted out

"Jalanee it's not your fault this happened...He won't be mad at you. He can't get mad at you,he might need you right now more then ever. Don't do this right now." She said holding my hand. She tugged my hand so I could get up. She walked me slowly to the front of his room again. I twisted the door knob and walked in.

Kentrell's eyes were swollen,and he had a tube in his chest that draining out fluids. I sat next to him and hot tears started flowing from my eyes. I laid my hand on top of his. I felt uneasy as I stroked his face. It didn't feel right being here in this situation with him. He shouldn't be sitting on this hospital bed fighting for his life.

"Kentrell I love you", I whispered looking back at him. He eyes fluttered open,and my heart started racing. He shot me a lazy smile and his eyes went back.

"Hi baby",I said with another tear rolling down my face."

"Stop all that crying I hate when you cry",He said,his voice was dry and raspy.

"I look bad?",He said to me. I smiled at how positive Kentrell was in this situation. I nodded my head and wiped my tears away,stuffing my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Who did this to you Kentrell",I said looking up at him.

"I got people looking for them.", He said slurring his words.

"I'm sorry", I said to him.

"You don't got nothing to be sorry about." He said. Kentrell body then started to shake. I stood up and got closer to him,holding his hand.

"Kentrell what's going on?",I said crying. Kentrell body started to shake more and foam started coming out from his mouth,the beeping in the room got louder. A nurse came in with a cart and another doctor came and pushed me back.

"Ma'am you need to step out",I froze. My eyes stayed on Kentrell,His body started to jerk around and The nurse injected a needle into Kentrell,I felt someone pulling me out.

"Jalanee what happened?",Kayla asked me. I couldn't speak,I felt myself slowly detaching from reality as my body started to feel numb. The only thing I felt was warm tears. Teelee walked up to the door,but another nurse stopped her from coming in.