4The Fever

I just came back from the clinic. Hai Kuan only sent me until the lobby. He needs to go to his campus, he said. He has the karate practice early.

I unlock the door and enter the flat. I feel so dull and passionless. I throw myself on the couch and closed my eyes. I don't feel sleepy, but I feel so tired. I can hear the sound of the ceiling fan buzzing on top of me. I put one of my hands on my forehead, feeling the dizziness and headache. My temperature is hot now.

I was not sure if I fell asleep or no. But a while later, I feel someone putting a cold thing on my forehead. The coldness is very chilling that makes me feel more comfortable and forgetting my headache. I don't know who is doing it, and I want to know, but my eyes refuse to open. So I just abe to furrow my brows and squirm my eyes, feeling the chilling sensation that spread all over my body.

"Baobei...."

I jump when I hear the voice.

It's him! Again!

Suddenly my eyes open bigger while sitting on the couch's armrest. I see that man, I mean the ghost... Is it too harsh? Ok. Spirit. He sitting on the other end of the couch, staring at me.

"Y-y-you!" I cry.

"Yes. It's me, Baobei... I come to see you,because I know you are sick...!" he says.

"G-fo! Get-get lost! Don't come near me~!" I shoo him away.

"But you invited me, Baobei....!" he replies.

"What? When did I invite you to come to my house?" I ask him.

"Not only into your house. But into your life, Baobei...!"

"I did never do that! And stop calling me Baobei!"

"When you said that you willing to be gay for me, that time you freed me from trapping inside that house...!" 

"Shu... What?" I dumbfounded. 

"Yes, Baobei... I trapped there for centuries. The house is cursed. No one can come out from the house...!" he explains.

"I don't understand! Chanonei mansion is only 111 years old. And you... maybe thousands years. How can you are in there?" I started to curious. I slide my butt to sit on the cushion instead on the armrest.

Before he answer, he changing his sitting position, makes himself as comfortable as he can. Then he looks at me again.

'"I'm being a spirit who wandering around on earth. I escaped the Gate where the dead people gathering to pay the deeds they had done in their lives. I think I'm not ready yet to go there. I was too young when I died. I was only 19, and I just got my throne as an emperor to replace my father who died because of his sickness. I haven't gotten a chance to date anyone...!" he tells me his story that makes me want to laugh my ass off. But of course, I refrain my laughter to keep my cool image that he's just a ghost to me. A dead person whom his soul lurking around in the world.

"How could there is no woman who wants to be your partner, though?" I ask.

He tilts his head.

"Baobei... Do you forget or just simply dumb?" he blurts out.

"Heyy!" I yell, don't accept to be called dumb.

"In case you forget...I'm gay. Remember?" he continues.

I roll my eyes.

"How do you know the word "gay"? I thought yoy will call yourself cut sleeve in your era...!" I grumble. 

"I learn a lot since I've been trapped in that house...." he replies.

"What is your name?" I ask him again. I don't know. The atmosphere becomes more comfortable now. I don't see him as a ghost. I mean, spirit. He looks so normal.  like human. Only he is wearing hanfu, the dress with multilayer drops until his feet. I can't see his feet, though. Are they touch the ground or floating?