26 Abide The Fate

Time was ticking away. The silence surrounded the living room in a flat,.even though there are three people sitting around on the couch.

Hai Kuan and Zhuo Cheng sat while sinking their back on the backrest,while Yibo sitting on the edge of the couch,legs couldn't stop shaking up and down, fidgeting with his nervousness. His face looks worry and upset.

It's been two hours since he came to keep his promise to meet Zhan. And this two hours also Zhan never showed up. He was worried if he couldn't make it to see and talk to Zhan before he go far far away. His flight was left two more hours, and there is no sign Zhan is coming home.

Yibo's phone rang stratled the three prople inside the room. Yibo took the phone out and checks the caller ID. He glanced at Hai Kuan and Zhuo Cheng who looking at him.

"It's my brother. I need to pick it up...!" Said Yibo.

He got up when Hai Kuan nodded at him. Then he makes a wayto the kitchen area.

"Yeah, Yixuan!" He answered the call.

"Bo! Your flight is in three hours! You need to check in already!" Cried Yixuan.

"Yeah! I know. Give me half an hour more...!" Replied Yibo.

"You can't, la! You need to get ready now!" Said Yixuan.

"Please? I have packed all my things. I need to talk to him for the last time...!"

"What?! You still haven't talk to him? What arr you doing there, then? He still doesn't come to see you?"

"I'll cut now. I'll be there in an hour!"

"No! Bo! Wai...-!"

Yibo cut the line immediately and slips the phone into his pocket again after set it into a silent mode. Then he walked back into the living room and sits on his previous seat.

"What happened?" Asked Hai Kuan.

"My brother.... He needs me to do something...!" Replied Yibo. He smiled faintly.

Hai Kuan curt a nod.

"Do you want some more water?" Asked Zhuo Cheng,.grabbing Yibo's empty glass.

"Ahh.... No. It's ok. I'm fine...!" Said Yibo, raised his palm to stop Zhuo Cheng.

Zhuo Cheng glanced at the boy and nodded. He sat and sunk his back again on the cushion. The silent covered the group again.

Half a n hour later, Zhan still didn't come home. Zhuo Cheng and Hai Kuan had tried to contac him, but Zhan's phone was inactive. Zhuo Cheng has called him on his FB and Wechat, too, but Zhan never picks it up.

Yibo raised form his seat, followed by Hai Kuan.

"I have to go now. I have a late flight to Russia tonight with my brother...!" Announced Yibo.

"What??" Zhuo Cheng jumped up from his seat and staring at the boy.

"You're going overseas? For how long?" Asked Hai Kuan.

"I'm going to get my Master degree there. Maybe three or four years...!" Replied Yibo.

"Oh, dear....! Zhan will be doomed...." Zhuo Cheng muttered.

Hai Kuan glanced at Zhuo Cheng and sighed. Then he turned back to Yibo.

"As his cousin, I apologize on his behalf. Zhan is still unstable. The things that happened to him recently was too fast and shocking to him. He never been fallen so hard to anyone. And... You know. He fell in love with someone who is not human. It's not easy for him....!" Said Hai Kuan.