18 Chaonei No. 81

YIBO

I feel hurt when he chases me away. I know I'm not the man he likes. I'm not that spirit. But I don't expect he can be so harsh to me, after what we've been through last night. Last night, he was so coquettish and whinny. He was so naive and innocent. But today, why he changed all of sudden?

I saw him talks.to no one last night. Holding on no one. I thought he still hasn't escape from his imaginary friend from his childhood. But now I understand, that he is dating a spirit. A spirit who looks like me, the ancient man said. But I have no idea how similar he is to me? As I see,.Xiao Zhan doesn't flustered by me.

After he chased me away, I don't go from his apartment building immediately. I sit on the bench in the park nearby when I saw him rushing out.leaving the building. Secretly, I follow him. I'm worried if he will go somewhere else since I don't see his friend comes.with him.

I saw him take a bus which passing our Campus. I tail the bus from behind on a safe distance, so he won't notice me. I never stalk anyone all my life. But he's the exception. There is something makes me.curiois and interested about him. When I saw him that day in Campus, he has stole my attention, but I don't want to meddle in his relationship with his girlfriend that time. And now I have the fact that he is dating a spirit. A ghost he found in Chaonei mansion over his wish to the spirit. I have seen that video. But when the camera pointed at the painting, it became blurry. I couldn't recognize this Lan Wangji guy if he is really the man in the painting.

He jumps off the bus and straight away goes into the campus area. I parked my bike at the roadside, not too far from the campus. I don't want him to catch me red-handed following him. I walk fast to catch up with his big steps. I see him goes to the direction of library. Why is he going there? To study?

I stand in the alley between the book shelves, covering my face with a book I got no idea what it is about. It's only for my disguise. I will keep take a peek to Xiao Zhan who sitting in the furthest corner of the library. In front of him are the books which he has no desire to read at all.

"NO!"

I hear him shouting, earns the scold from the librarian. I take a glance at the voice of the librarian. When I turn to Xiao Zhan again, I saw him running to the exit. I dump the book and also run to the exit.

He runs very fast. I run out of breath catching up with him. From the gate, I saw him stopping a motorbike. His friend's motorbike. They seem argue at first, but then the friend turns the motorbike and Xiao Zhan hops on the backseat.

When their bike takes a speed, I run to my motorbike and also turn the direction. I tail them again, have no idea where they are going.

They lead me to Dongcheng District after 35 minutes we ride. They take a route to an inner street of Chaoyangmen which leading us to an old building. Chaonei no. 81.

Why are they come here? Again? Don't they afraid if they will get caught by the authority?

I can't find the answer for my questions when I saw them sneak into a small hole on the wall at the back Gate. I leave my bike at the roadside and jog to the direction where they disappeared. I see the small hole on the wall. I furrow my brows, because the hole is quite small for their bodies to fit in, but they can get through. Amd seems very easy.

I look around to check out the situation. It's quiet and seem no people walking around. I look up at the building, there is a surveillance camera monitoring the situation around the building. Before I  got caught by the guards, I quickly slip into the hole.

"Shit!"

My body can't fit into the hole. It's very hard for me to get in, unlike Xiao Zhan and his friend, despite our body size are the same except for the high. They're even taller than me.