25 The Void

Author

After Zhan and Yibo gone, Wei Ying turned around and he saw Lan Wangji was bent on his knees. His hands hung on the sides and his head hung low. Wei Ying ran to him.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying kneeled down beside Lan Wangji, grabbing his shoulder.

"Xian Gege... " Lan Wangji voiced out and sniffled.

Wei Ying heaved a sigh.

"This is the best way we can take for both of you. Especially for Xiao Zhan. If you take him away, how would Wang Yibo feel? Would he get himself another soulmate? Lan Zhan, God only create one soulmate for each of us. Whether we found them or no. He won't make two or three. And it unknowingly, Xiao Zhan is his soulmate. It will be selfish of you if you force hom to stay with you....!" Says Wei Ying.

Lan Wangji didn't answer. He still hung his head low as he started to sob.

"As for me, if you leave me, I still can live alone. Maybe I will make my own journey to go around the world,making more disciples..."

"Until now you live for the second life also you still don't get any disciples...!" Lan Wangji cut Wei Ying's words.

Wei Ying looked at him in disbelief. Then he frowned.

"Eh! Lan Zhan! Can you a little merciful? Do not expose me like that! I know I no longer have the golden core and my cultivation is extremely low. But at least I still can go hunting with you, ma?" Wei Ying made a protest.

Only by then, Lan Wangji raised his face and looks at Wei Ying.

"Will you be my cultivation partner?" Lan Wangji suddenly asked.

"Uh?" Wei Ying dumbfounded.

"Stay with me here! In Jingshi! We can start our new life!" Lan Wangji got up. He held Wei Ying's hand.

Wei Ying took a few steps back and pulled his hand from Lan Wangji's.

"Lan Zhan? Are you really Han Guang Jun, Lan er Gongzhi from Gusu Lan Sect? Ten seconds you just cried because your lost your Xian Gege. Why now suddenly you propose me? Does the resentment soul has possessed you?" Wei Ying ranted.

"No! I don't want to lose you again, Wei Ying! 16 years apart with you is really a torture to me. Now you're back, and I won't let you go again!"  Says Lan Wangji, grabbing and grips on Wei Ying's wrist

Wei Ying cringed when he feels the grip on his hand was hurting him. Can't blame Lan Wangji, though. Even though Lan Wangji didn't put a force on his grip, but his cultivation is undoubtedly powerfull which made his touch also will shot the power on Wei Ying's low cultivation because he doesn't have the golden core.

"A-a-ah! Lan Zhan! You're hurting me!" Wei Ying complained.

Hearing Wei Ying's complaint,  Lan Wangji released him immediately.

"Sorry," he said. And he tuck his right hand behind his back.

Wei Ying rubbed his wrist. He looked at Lan Wangji and smiled sheepishly.

"Ah hehehe.... Umm... You have to ask your Uncle's permission first for that...!" Said Wei Ying.

"Don't worry. He can't declines my request either way....!" Ensured Lan Wangji.

Wei Ying smiled sheepishly and nodded.

"Wei Wuxian!! Where are you? I know you are hiding here!!'

Suddenly there was a man's voice from outside of the house. Lan Wangji only glanced at the door, while Wei Ying flinched and quickly moved to Lan Wangji's back.