20 A Journey To Find You

YIBO

Now I realize, how much Xiao Zhan loves Lan Wangji. Then, how can I force Lan Wangji to go to Hell and Heaven to put himself in the line to get reincarnated? It will hurt Xiao Zhan. And I can bear to see him suffer for losing the man he loves. But I also can't let him brought by his lover to the Immortality when he is still alive. He won't survive there. I'm the one who had lost my soul for years back then, realize how the life in there when my soul wandering around in another world. The world where Lan Wangji supposed belongs to.

"Bring me to see him!" Xiao Zhan says, snaps me from my deep thought.

I turn and look at him. There is a seriousness and sincerity in his eyes. He wants to see his lover and safe him. Deep inside, I feel hurt. Why can't he let him go and just accept me? I love him sincerely. I can do everything to keep him smile and happy. That's why I'm here.

"We've been here for long time to rest. I think it's been two days....!" He added.

"Your injury...." I say.

"I'm fine. It's only a bruise!" He replies.

"Zhan! Are you sure it's been two days? Why ain't I feel hungry, then?" Asks Zhuo Cheng.

I saw Xiao Zhan glares at his bestie.

"Is there anything else in your head beside the food?" Zhan sneers at him.

"Yeah! Eat!" Zhuo Cheng replies.

Xiao Zhan huffs and rolls his eyes.

"Let's go!" I say. I get up and dust off my clothes.

Xiao Zhan gets up, as well.

"Where are you both going?" Asks Zhuo Cheng.

"I'm here to look for Wangji, not sitting down and looking at your boring face!" Says Zhan.

"Jerk! As if your face is pleasant to see!" Zhuo Cheng retorts. But he doesn't fail to get up.

"Keep walking behind me. And stay close!" I warn them before we start the journey.

They both nod. I don't know if they will keep their promise or no. But I couldn't care less. I turn around and begin to walk, leading them to walk on the path of an aisle surrounded by the bushes and grass, while behind hem are trees in variant size and kind. The position we are taking is me, Xiao Zhan and far behind is Zhuo Cheng.

The sound of calm wind, the chipering of birds, now all gone. It turns very quiet. Too quiet. We only can hear the sound of our breath and footsteps. Even when we step on the dried tree branches or leaves, they don't create any sounds.

"Why is it suddenly so quiet?" Zhuo Cheng voiced out.

"We are not in our world. Now we are entering the Immortal where they still don't accept us to be here....!" I say after some times .

"Is that blueberry?" Zhuo Cheng asks.

I turn behind and see him pointing at the small trees at the left side. Before I can answer him, he's already walk to those small trees.

"Come back to the line!" I shout at him.

Zhuo Cheng turns and looks at me.

"Don't take those fruits!" I warn him.

"They're riped! They're edible! And I'm hungry!" Cries Zhuo Cheng.

"You can't eat anything that served here! They're not your food. You'll might won't be able to go back to your present world if you insisted!" I say.

Zhuo Cheng pouts. He looks upset and disappointed. But he walks back to the path. I turn back forward and walk again. None of us speak again for a while.