23 Fading

The sky crawled bright again. The hungry spirits slowly being pushed back to the dark of the forest. Zhuo Cheng's face was as pale as a dead man while his hands clutching on his chest. He fell from the tree when it was broken. In another second the hungry sprits would catch him and maybe consume him, if there wasn't something or someone who catches him and brings him to the big tree where He Peng is.

"What was that just now?" He turned to He Peng who also puzzled. He was also shocked when he saw Zhuo Cheng fell.

Both of the boys saw the black shadow, but they couldn't catch up about its glimpse. It was look like a person in a long black gown.

"I-I don't know...!" He Peng stuttered.

Zhuo Cheng looked at the ground. The glimpse of the hungry spirits faded away into the forest again.

"Do you think we can get down now?" Asked Zhuo Cheng.

"No! Let's stay here until Xiao Zhan comes back!" Replied He Peng.

"Whoooaaa....! You call him by his name now, huh?" Zhuo Cheng snickered.

"It this kind of situation, should I bully him, still?" He Peng glared at Zhuo Cheng.

Zhuo Cheng didn't respond. He looked st where Zhan and Yibo were gone.

"I hope they're alright...." He mumbled.

"He'll be alright. I know how tough the buck teeth is....!" Commented He Peng.

Then they're silent.

✓✓✓✓✓

Zhan and Yibo walked following the man who introduced himself as Wei Ying. Yibo walked behind Zhan to make sure that Zhan won't left behind and will be alright.

"What happened to Wangji actually?" Asked Zhan, breaking the silence.

"He's being punished for leaving Immortality without enter the gate first. I guess it was because of your boyfriend!" Answered Wei Ying.

"My boyfriend?" Zhan stunned.

Wei Ying turned around.

"Yes. Isn't he your boyfriend?" He pointed at Yibo.

Yibo suddenly feels his face heated up. Zhan turned to see Yibo, then turns back to Wei Ying.

"Wangji is my boyfriend!" He said.

"What?" Wei Ying snapped.

"Wait! Wait! Let's get the things straight first!" Yibo jumped between the two men who seem ready to fight.

"Nonsense! You know very well, no one of us is straight here!" Wei Ying snapped at Yibo.

"Ok! We're not...." Yibo muttered. "But, we can explain this mess, so there is no misunderstand between us!"

"I know you have misled Lan Zhan to come to this lad!  But why did you go too far??" Wei Ying scowled.

"I didn't! I have left Lan Wangji's frame when it happens!" Denied Yibo.

"So, do you want to say that Lan Zhan cheated me on his own will!" Wei Ying snarled at Yibo.

"Yes! I mean... Yes! I don't know! I guess he was being grateful to Zhan Ge for breaking the curse on him!" Replied Yibo.

"What curse?" Wei Ying furrowed his brows.