24 Farewell

Zhan

I didn't know since when I asleep. But when I woke up, I'm in a different surrounding. I get up.and sit.on the thin mattress. I'm no longer in the flame forest. All those red leaves are gone. I'm inside a room. But it's not my room in our rented flat, either. It's very spacious and clean and neat. There are no many furnitures in here. I can tell there.is fragrance of aromatherapy diffuser is all around the room. Very fragrant and calming.  I closed my eyes. I breath it in, then breath it out.

I glance at the sheet that cover me. It's as white as the cloud I see through the window here. I flip it over and climb down the bed. I walk to the sliding door that built up from wooden frame and paper. It's very classic style. I slide it open.

I hear people murmuring. I guess they are talking about something. I step out of the room and walk in the hallway to the voices. In another room, an open area there are three people sitting on the low stools, surrounding a square table. One of them is wearing the modern clothing. He's sitting facing the corridor entry where I'm standing now. And the other two, they are wearing the classic ancient hanfus. Their long hair tied.up neatly and let the lower part falls.on their back.

"Ah! Zhan Ge! You're awake!" The boy in the modern clothing says.

Wang Yibo.

And the other two men turn to me, as well. The man in black hanfu smiles at me, but the white one is only look at me for a while, then averted his gaze on the table again. His eyes don't express the deep meaning.

Yeah... I remember. I'm not in our world. We were in the after life world just now. But... Here I don't think we're still in the same place. This place is more human's life. My eyes darted on the man in white hanfu.

I see Yibo gets up and walks briskly to me. My eyes still glued to the man in white hanfu. He still looking at the table. Yibo grabs my arm and guides me to the table. But I shove him away. I'm not sure how his expression is now. But I have an urge to talk to the man in white hanfu.

Lan Wangji.

I walk over to the table and drop myself on the floor next to Lan Wangji.

"Wangji!" I call him.

He responded. He turns to me and stares at me. But the stare is awful to me. He looks at me as if he never knows me. His brows knotted.

I grab his hands that rested on his lap. He looks startled.

"Wangji! Don't you remember me?" I ask him.

Lan Wangji looks confuse. He looks at me, then he glances at Wei Ying who immediately turns away.

"Who?" Wangji asks me back.

"I'm Wei Wuxian!" I answer.

He looks surprised. He pulls his hands back from my grip.

"He is Wei Wuxian...!" He said in a deep voice. His finger pointing at Wei Ying.

I glance at Wei Ying who seems to not bother with our convo. When I realize I won't get any help from him, I turn back to Wangji.

"No! Don't you remember? That time, in the old mansion, I said I don't mind to be a gay for you. And you come to me and proposed me if would I be your boyfriend?" I try to refresh his memory.

"Gay? What's gay? I never love anyone except Wei Ying, Wei Wuxian....!" He says, glancing at Wei Ying

"No! You love me!!" I cry. I hold his shoulders and shake them. "Wangji! You promised me to bring me to your place. Now I'm at your place! Why do you break your promise? Wangji! It's me! Wei Wuxian! Xiao Zhan! How can you forget me??"  I cry and shake him violently.