28 To Let You Go

Zhan

We arrive at Yibo's family house. The house is empty. Yibo says, the house sitter only comes during the day, and will be gone in the evening. The lights are switched off, only left the lights at the porch and a few garden lights are turned on.

We enter the house. Once I step into the house and Yibo switches the lights on, I found myself is in a huge living room. The house is big. I don't know why his parents own such a big house while they live a descent live abroad. Ahh... maybe because they're working overseas. While this big house is only get a role as a vacation home.

"Let's go to my room!" Yibo pulls my hand and drags me to the stairs.

I can't choose an option, but to follow him. He opens one of the doors in a row of the rooms on the second floor. There are at least four huge bedrooms here. 

"Do you want to take a shower first?" he asks me.

Why? Can he smell my body odour? I haven't give myself a chance to take a shower since I came back from college. And the day has changed now. That means, I missed my shower yesterday. Oh, shit! I feel embarrass of myself when I can smell him so fragrance.

"Oh! Yeah! Yea! Sure! I feel sticky, too!" I reply, shoving away my embarrassment. "And smelly," I say internally.

Yibo smiles. His smile is gorgeous and innocent. Ah! He's still look like a milk-fed baby with his innocent face. But the way he behaves and takes my attitude is top of the top. I can't believe he's younger than me, and in fact he is my junior in college. 

Was.

He's going to continue his study in somewhere else. He will leave me. He won't be around after I have accepted him as my soulmate. after I admitted that I love him. Why is it always like this? Why my romance story always finds a sad ending? What did I do in my past life until I deserve this fate?

"Zhan Ge. The towel," says YIbo, startled me.

I look down at my chest. There is a towel shoved by Yibo. I take the towel. I raise my face and smile at him, but he doesn't return it. I turn around and walk to a door that I guess supposed to be the bath.

When I'm about to open the door, something hard crashes my back,and I see a pair of fair hands wrap around my belly.

"Yibo...." I whisper.

"Don't leave me. Don't love me because I'm leaving...." He says in a deep voice.

"Yibo...." Is a single word that I can utter.

"I want you are here waiting for me when I come back to fetch my heart that I leave with you. You're my soulmate. How my life would be if I don't find you here next time?"

I closed my eyes. I can feel his insecurity after rejections that I gave him. If he only knew, I don't know how to love again after I found my heart is broken when Lan Wangji dropped me in the Afterlife.

I don't hate Yibo. Never will. But I'm scared of myself. Scared if I would turn him down. He looks exactly like Lan Wangji. But I don't want to accept and love him because of that similarity. It won't be fair to him. Lan Wangji is an immortal. He won't gets decay. But Yibo is an ordinary human. He will get older and change  eventually. I want to love him because my heart tells me so.

And.... Yes. I love him. His determination impresses me so much. First, I deny it. I was thinking that I start to like him because I feel broken after Lan Wangji's disappearance and found Yibo looks similar to him. From then on, I started to avoid him and intended to make him hates me, but it seems to fail miserably.