21 The Flame

AUTHOR POV

The journey was silent. No one tries to speak up. Everyone was busy with the talk in their mind. The silent surrounding them all in the strange place they were in.

CRACK!

Suddenly there is a cracking sound for the first time since they left the border. The four of them promptly stopped the walking. They turned to each other and look at each other, eyes asking each other about the sound. They shook their heads, signalling that the sound wasn't come from them.

CRACK!

Again, the sound presented. It wasn't come from them, though. It came from the left side, where the trees stood close to each other. They snapped their attention to the thick trees. They sharpened their gaze to the dark forest.

There was something white came out. Zhan's heart sunk when he thought it was something else. But he heaved a sigh between a relief and disappointment. It was a dog with white fur.

"A dog? Can a dog lives in the forest? It's not a wild dog, ma? It looks like own by somebody!" Cried He Peng.

Zhuo Cheng glared at him and suddenly smack He Peng's head.

"It's immortal....!" Hissed Zhuo Cheng.

"Fuck!" He Peng cursed and glared at Zhuo Cheng. He was holding the back of his head that just smacked by Zhuo Cheng .

"Can you stop running your filthy mouth?" Snarled Zhuo Cheng.

He Peng wanted to talk back at Zhuo Cheng. But he quickly realize where he is now. If he ended up arguing or even fighting with him, it was not possible if he'll be left alone in this strange land. So he swallowed his world back before he was able to spit them out.

The dog walked closer to Zhan. All of them looked at the dog. Zhan took a step backward, didn't put his guard down when the dog comes closer. But the dog seemed tamed in front of him. It looked at Zhan with tongue sticking out.

"He's waiting for your command, Zhan Ge....!" Said Yibo.

Zhan turned his gaze at Yibo.

"How do you know it's a he?" Asked Zhuo Cheng.

Yibo didn't answer Zhuo Cheng's question, makes Zhuo Cheng sends a death glare behind Yibo's back.

Meanwhile, Zhan turned to the dog which still staring at him. Zhan crouched down. Hesitantly, he pats the dog's head. And the dog suddenly sits down with eyes never leave Zhan. Zhan smiled faintly.

"Do you know where is Lan Wangji?" Asked Zhan to the dog.

"Zhan! You should ask him, where we can find the food that edible?" Zhuo Cheng interfered with a scowling face.

Zhan ignored him.

"Great! Everyone's ignoring me now..!" Grumbled Zhuo Cheng.

The dog got up. Then it turned around and ran slowly into the forest.

"Wangji is there!" Cried Zhan. He makes a move to follow the dog.

"Zhan! No!" Zhuo Cheng caught his hand.

Zhan looked at him.

"How do you know if it will lead you to find your Lan Zhan? We don't know this place, Zhan!" Zhuo Cheng tried to reminds Zhan.

"I know this place! I was here before!" Yibo butt in.

"And how do we know if you're not gonna harm us?" Zhuo Cheng snarled at Yibo.

"If you think that I will harm you, you won't follow me this far until we are here!" Replied Yibo with a firm voice.

Zhuo Cheng glared at Yibo.