13 Get Closer

Time telling us that it's late already. 8.40. And we're still cleaning the toilet on the 4th floor.

"Yibo, I think just now we should clean from the 4th floor first all the way down. Here is so cold...!" I tell Yibo.

"Isn't that good? We're sweaty already and feel hot. The cooling air here can comfort them away...!" Replies Yibo.

I glance at him, slightly glaring.

"Tch! This chillness gives me goosebumps....!" I click my tongue responding to him.

"Why? Do you think here got ghost?" He speaks with no expression.

"Ssshhh! Don't mention that! You give them suggestion to show themselves to us!" I hiss at him.

He glances at me. He passes me the hose.

"What?" I look at him clueless.

"Your turn!" He replies.

"Heh?" I dumbfounded.

"I have washed two toilets already. Now is your turn!" He says.

I look at him in astonish. I thought he's being kind-hearted doing all the stuff. But it turns out, still he shares the burden. Ugh!

I take the hose from his hand harshly while sending a glare at him. I pull it inti the cubicle.

First cubicle, I spray the toilet bowl and he floor. Done. Next. Second cubicle. I do the same thing. Done. Next. Third cubicle. I spray the water again, but the water won't come out from the hose.

"Hey!" I shout. I come out of the cubicle and walk to the lobby where the mirrors and basins are.

Strange. Yibo isn't there. His metal bucket is still on the floor, side by side with mine. I look around.

"Yibo?' I call him.

The silent answers me. I only can hear my own voice and the droplets that hang on the tap and toilet bowls that drenched inside the cubicles.

Ahh.... Maybe he went to pee in the last cubicle since he worries if I will spray the water at him, I thought. But the water still doesn't come out from the hose even though I keep switching the pad.

Oh! Maybe the hose is tangle. I check on the hose that leads me into the hose reel room. The door is slightly ajar, blocked by the hose. I open the foor. It's dark inside here. I try to find the switch to turn on the light, maybe there is any. My hand rummages on the wall to find the switch.

Can't find.

I keep slide my palm on the wall until I feel there is a hump on it. I smile. There it is, the switch! I grab the hump that I thought is the light's switch. But I have to crease my brows when i feel strange with the switch texture and mold. Why is the switch felt a little lumpy although it's hard? But it isn't as hard as the plastic that used for the switch. And it isn't flat. There is a higher hump, and there is no switch button on it.

I holdup my breath when I feel the switch is moving a little. I gulp the bile inside my throat with heart starts to thump rapidly. I froze and I feel numb. Slowly, I retreat my hand to leave the "switch", and I stop and close my eyes when I feel it chase my hand.

I collect all the courage to pull my hand back, out of the hose reel room. I take a deep breath, and then as fast as I can, I pull my hand out of the door. But, unexpectedly, the "switch" seems has calculated the moves that I took and had read my mind. It moves even faster and grab my hand on the wrist immediately.

"Aaaagghhhhhh! Agggghhhj!!!"

I scream my lungs off and freed my hand from the unknown hand inside the hose reel room. I run, away from the hose reel and toilet while still screaming in fear.