29 The Spirits Of Love

It's not an  easy way to separate from the one I love, especially when the feeling is just bloomed. But his phone calls and video cally are enough to redeem my longing for him. But, I've lost contact with him for alost 8 months. I don't know why, but I can't call his number or just text him. It will remain with a single check and undelivered. I have tried to touch him on his other applications, too. But they're inactivated.

I start to worry and feel insecure. Is it possible if he changes his mind to not love me again and decides to forget and leave me and never come back? Does he meet another boy in Russia or maybe other countries? Or maybe a girl? He also never keeps his promise to come to visit me in China on his holidays. Or... Maybe he got an accident?

Ahh.... I will use to shoo those thoughts away. I have to keep my faith that Yibo is my soulmate, where I can feel whatever he feels, or what's happening to him. I wish he's doing fine. We have a strong connection. A strong  bond. Like last year, he fell from his motorbike and he admitted to the hospital for one week. And I could feel all my body aching as if I got  fractures and wounds. But I never fell or injured before this, and no one saw a single wound on my body. When I went to see the doctor, the doctor also says that I'm fine and there is no fracture in me. Until he told me, then I understand.

Like now, I sit alone facing the lake, thinking of everything that cross my mind. But mostly it's occupied with a certain boy who never willing to leave my head. Day by day the feeling I have for him comes stronger and undeniable.

Three years I've been apart from him. A lot of things have changed. My age, my school, my life, my place. Yeah.... I'm 24 now. And I'm working in a town council as the environment inspector. I've moved out from the flat I used to live in with my two buddies. Hai Kuan moved into a new apartment with his girlfriend. Zhuo Cheng is not living in this town anymore. He went to Shanghai for his work as  neurologist and placed in a hospital there. And hey! Now he is in relationship with our junior in college, Zoey. Remember her? And... Oh yeah! He Peng went overseas for his new life and new job.

I used to come here to calm my mind which sometimes in havoc by itself when I missing Yibo badly. Don't blame me. Having a long distance partner is not easy for me. Well, for everyone, I guess. Sometimes the insecure feeling sneakily flirting with my heart, asking me to stop trusting and waiting for him and just turn away for good.

But I guess it will be a stupid decision if I do it. I've endured everything to wait for him for three years. It would be a wasted effort if I have to give up now.

My eyes glued on the water in  the lake where the wind plays on the surface and makes waves that rolling to the shore. I saw there are a few seagulls flying around, flirting with the waves in the lake. I turn my gaze to a tree that stands a few meters from the place I use to sit down. In this time,in the late afternoon heading to evening, there must be a pair of  bald eagles that use to hop on the branch of that tree. I always saw them together,and I guess they never changed the spouse. For past two years I started to sit around here, I always saw them. I'm sure they are the same birds.

Ahh.... I wish my love life will be as sweet as them. Stay together. Faithfully staying with my spouse throughout the storm and the rainbow that come into our life.

The wind blows sweeping my face. It feels breezy on my skin, raising the soft hair all over my bare skin. I hug myself to soothe the coldness away. I left my jacket inside my car.

After a while, I decide to keep the breezy evening in my device. I take my phone out and set the camera mode on. I start to capture the image into a video.

"As the breeze touches my soul..." I start to insert my voice into the video. "I know my heart freezes into an icy coldness. Turns.ot into a solid feeling that unbreakable. Only waiting for your warm touch to melt it down and dilute into a passion called love."