1

Tears welled up in my eyes as he walked away. When we arrived at his house yesterday, he left and I had a maid show me my room. Apparently, she has been with the Rossi's since Matteo was a child.

He just came home this morning with an angry look on his face. I was about to ask what happened only for me to get yelled at and insulted. He called me a whore and a money seeking bitch.

I honestly don't understand why I will be looking for money when my parents were already wealthy.

I choke a sob as I sit on the island in the kitchen. He specifically told me not to cook for him, talk to him, look at him or do anything.

I put my face in my hands as I sob harder. "What am I going to do now?", I sob. My older sister got to marry who ever she wanted. My older brother did the same. Why was my case different from theirs? Must I be the odd one out all the time?

I wiped my tears and stood up before making my way out of the kitchen and walking up the stairs to my bedroom. I plopped down into my bed and let out a tired sigh before sniffling again. We were supposed to have our honeymoon but he didn't want to be anywhere near me so I decided to resume work next week Monday.

His maid, Martha had gone to the market to get foodstuffs. I heard the door downstairs slam forcefully and I knew he was gone. So I had the whole house to myself. I would have loved to walk around and maybe explore the mansion but I knew it'll get me in trouble.

Yesterday's journey was very tiring. We travelled from Los Angeles back to New York, it's very stressful and painful sitting down for about four to five hours doing nothing especially when there is silence.

I lay on my bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand before switching it on. Before the wedding yesterday, I had switched off my phone. There were eight text messages from Sam and a lot of phone calls. She really cared about me. I smiled as I read the messages.

*Hey girl*

*Are you alright?*

*Text me as soon as you see these messages*

*Please don't cry about this*

*It's not your fault at all.*

*I really don't know what to say or do that will comfort you.*

*But I know that I'll be there for you all the step of the way.*

*I love you*.

A smile made its way to my lips for the first time in a long while as I dropped my phone on the nightstand and slowly fell asleep.

~~

Sitting down in the living room with my face buried in my novel, I heard the door open. I raised my head and in walked the devil with a beautiful Barbie clinging to his arm. I returned my focus to my book and decide ignored them. That's the most I could do if I didn't want any drama in this house.

I heard heavy footsteps leave the room and a dramatic huff from the woman. I wasn't good at talking to people I didn't know so I didn't bother to say anything.

"So you're the whore that married him", I heard the woman's bitchy tone and I snapped my head towards her. She really was beautiful with her toned skin, high cheekbones, ice blue eyes and mind blowing body. That made me feel so inferior, plus she was taller than me. But I didn't like her personality either.

"I'm not a whore", I muttered under my breath as I stood up. "Are you sure about that sweetheart? You're too young to be throwing yourself at men", the woman said with a smirk thinking she was better than me in everything. It took all the self control I had in me not to glare at her.

"My name is Clair, it's nice to meet you. May I know who you are?", I asked her politely as I tried not to get irritated by her. Her smirk grew as she placed a hand on her hip.

"My name is Alexia Manes. One of the top five models for Vogue, Gucci and fiancée to Matteo", she said with so much pride and my mouth went dry in distaste. Of course she's with him. I'm sure she was expecting something like a drumroll or applause. Did Matteo have taste for snobbish women?

"Well it was nice meeting you", I said and grabbed my novel before rushing up the stairs to my room. I officially hate my parents! I can't believe they made me do this.

"I can't believe you married someone like her", I heard muffled voices from downstairs. I quietly walked out of my room and sat at the top of the stairs so I could hear what they were saying without them noticing me.

"It wasn't my choice", I heard Matteo say. "She's a whore", Alexia said with iciness. "Obviously", Matteo snorted and my heart began to clench. Was this how they hated me so much? They didn't even know me!

"I want you to get rid of her, baby", Alexia whined. "You know I can't do anything till after a year", he said annoyed and I heard Alexia huff.

"Make her run away or something. You may fall in love with her before the year runs out", she said to him. "I already hate her so there's no way I'll ever do that", he assured her and I felt my chest constrict.

My chest was hurting so bad as I stood up from the stairs and quietly made my way to my room.

*I won't cry again, I won't cry because of them*

*I'm not a crybaby*

I sniffled and walked into my room. My heart was aching and there was nothing I could do about it.