35

~CLAIR~

The door opened and Luca walked in holding a brown paper back. "Hey, baby girl", he cooed. I giggled and waved at him. He sat on the arm chair beside me and held out the bag.

"Hot tacos with beacon and grilled cheese, just how you like it", he saud and I squealed collecting it from him. "Thank you, Luca", I said in appreciation. "No problem", he grinned with satisfaction. "How's your health and the baby's?", he asked.

"I'm okay, I guess. The baby is also good, judging on how he kicks me every now and then", I told him and he chuckled. "The doctor said you will be discharged this afternoon". I nodded and he smiled.

"Finally ", I moaned in happiness and he laughed. I've spent more than two weeks in this hospital, I was already getting home sick.

"Um, Luca?", I called. "Yeah?", he answered. "Where's Sam? I haven't seen her neither has she called. Is she upset with me?", I asked him. Something flickered in his eyes as a sad smile formed on his lips. "Did you guys break up?", I gasped in surprise.

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, we didn't". "Then what's wrong?", I asked him with a frown. "She's in coma", he replied and my blood went cold.

"Why? How? When?", I asked all at once as a rollercoaster of emotions hit me. "When you got kidnapped, she went all psycho mode and cut herself. She cut two main arteries", he said with a pained voice.

A tear fell down my cheek as I rsn my hand through my hair. "But she'll be fine, right?", I asked him. He was quiet about this. "Right?", I ask again. No answer. "God damn it, answer me, Luca! She'll be fine, won't she?", I asked sharply as I fisted the bedsheet in my hands.

"I don't know", he mumbled. I sighed and lay my head on my pillow, "I'm sorry, Luca. I didn't mean to yell like that", I apologized.

"I'll be fine, I just can't wait any longer", he said in honesty. "She'll wake up", I pulled him in hug and he hugsgefme back. "I have to go now. I have an appointment in fifteen minutes. I just wanted to see you, that's why I came", he said.

"Thank you so much, Luca", I hugged him again and he laughed. "See you later, baby doll. Hopefully, not here though", he ruffled my hair and I laughed. I nodded and watched him leave.

A few minutes later, the door opened and my siblings walked in. "Hi", I waved at them. "Clair!", Taylor ran to me and hugged me. "Hey, bunny", Aiden walked towards me and ruffled my hair.

"I thought you guys would be at work", I said. "I can't leave you for my work", Taylor scoffed and I chuckled. "How's your health?", Aiden asked me. "I'm good", I smiled. "And the baby?", Taylor asked as she caressed my stomach. "He is kicking and healthy. What about yours?", I asked her.

She places her hand on her stomach. "Funny enough, it's a boy", she chuckled and I grinned. "That's not fair, I'm having a girl", Aiden whined and we laughed.

"Don't worry, our boys will protect their little cousin", Taylor patted his head and he nodded proudly. "I just love you guys so much", he sat beside me while Taylor sat on his lap. "Fuck, you're heavy!", Aiden exclaimed and Taylor hit him. "Shut up!", She glared at him making me laugh. "How's everything at the hospital?", I asked them.

"Everything is fine actually. Trevor is handling everything pretty well. He sends his greetings too", Taylor told me. I smiled and nodded. "I can't wait to get out of this hell hole", I muttered and Aiden laughs. "You're leaving in the afternoon so calm your ass", Taylor said and I groaned.

I picked up the brown paper bag Luca gave me and took out a taco. "Is it weird that I'm craving pickles?", I asked as I took a bite of my food.

"You don't like pickles", Aiden stated. "Well I do now", I sassed and Taylor laughed. "You're just like Hannah", he sighed and I grinned. "Why didn't she come?", I asked him. "She's having her nap. She couldn't sleep all night because of cramps and stuffs", he said.

"Oh, tell her I'm greeting her", I sais and he nodded. My phone began to ring and I smiled looking at the caller. "Hey, Hannah", I picked the call and Aiden's eyes furrowed. "Aren't you meant to be sleeping?", I asked her.

She scoffed, "When my stupid husband didn't tell me he was visiting you". "She's mad", I whispered to Aiden which made him frown. "He said you had cramps all night so he didn't want to disturb you", I told her.

"I would still come though. Now I look like a bad wife who doesn't care for her in-law", she began to cry. Yup, pregnant woman's hormones.

"Ah shit! You're not a bad wife", I glared at Aiden who looked like he was going to die. "You need to rest, Hannah. Stressing isn't good for that pretty princess inside you", I told her. "So you don't hate me?", she sniffled.

"How can I hate you? You're impossible to hate", I told her. "Thanks Clair, I feel better", she breathed and I smiled. "No problem, Hannah. We'll talk later, now go to sleep", I saif and she whined.

"Bye", she huffed and I laughed as she hung up.

I turned to Aiden, "You're toast when you get home". "Trust me, I know", he muttered. "He's beyond toast, maybe barbecue ", Taylor added and we laughed.

After a few more minutes of catching up, they left. I sighed as I lay on the bed and placed my hand on my stomach. It was now big and round. I smiled as I felt a light kick.

"You're still kicking, aren't you?", I giggled and rubbed my stomach. "You're awake?".

I raise my head to see Matteo walk in. He was clad in a black suit that was neatly tailored.

"I thought you were at work", I said. "I cleared all my schedule", he stated. "Why?", I asked with a frown. "The doctor said I could come pick you up. And I also wanted to spend the rest of the day with you", he answered honestly as he walked towards me.

I smiled and sat up straight. "Thank you", I said as he helped me out of bed. He handed me a shopping bag. "I had to get you a dress on my way here", he said. I smiled and brought out the dress. "It's beautiful", I say as I admire the pink sundress.

I got dressed and we left the hospital. Finally!