12

~CLAIR~

"We're back!", I heard a voice call and a grinned broke out on my face. "Who's that?", Sam asked as their footsteps became louder. "We have one more guest", I told her and she nodded.

"Welcome", we both sid as two guys cladded in suits walked in. "Thanks", Matteo mumbled tiredly. "Don't mind him, he's grumpy pants. Who's this pretty little angel with pretty braids", Luca said smirking at Sam whose cheeks flame red.

"My name's Samantha", she mumbled shyly. "I'm the one and only Luca Romano", he stretched out his hand for her to shake. "The world wide known player and ex-model, assistant CEO of R's Enterprise?", she shook his hand and he grinned.

"I like her", he said and turned to Matteo. "Teo, can we keep her?", he asked and I laughed. "I'm a living breathing human being, not an object and I own myself. I'm keeping myself too", she glared at him and he grinned.

"Don't mind the fool", Matteo said and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I shook my head and began to set the food on the dining table.

Matteo was tickling Mia while Luca was frustrating the life out of Sam and it was a happy site. I knew that Sam was secretly enjoying it. "Teo! Luca!", I heard two voices yell. I looked up to see the kids run into the kitchen.

Matteo and Luca crouched down to carry the children that ran into their arms. "Hey girl", Luca ruffled Alexia's hair while Alex and Matteo talked about whatever their talking about.

Dinner went fine and the children retired to their rooms leaving Matteo, Luca, Sam and I in the living room. "So you're a model?", Luca asked. "Yes Einstein, I've told you about three times ago!", Sam exclaimed in annoyance.

I giggled as I watched Sam's face turn a bright shade of red. "I hope he's not going to kill Sam with embarrassment and frustration", Matteo said and I laughed. "She can handle it", I told him and he mirrored my grin. "How was your day?", I asked him as we entered the kitchen. "It was stressful but okay", he shrugged and I nodded.

"What about you?", he asked. "Gave some injections, prescribed some drugs and took care of the elderly", I answered and he smiled. "You really are a doctor", he said with a face making me laugh. "It's my job though", I said and he nodded in agreement.

"How were the kids?", he asked. "Alex is really smart for his age but he's playful too. Nikki is a handful and a yelling version of Alex and Mia is gentle at most times. Her health is improving too", I narrated. "Thankfully, they were nice to you. Last time they had a nanny, they made her resign the next day", he said.

"They weren't that bad", I defended the kids. "They almost burnt her hair off because Nikki wanted to use a curling iron on her, she almost lost her fingers because Alex was playing with a knife and Mia vomited on her dress", he said laughing and I joined him too. I couldn't believe those children could do something like that.

"What's happening?", Luca asked, coming into the kitchen with Sam. "The kids' disaster last year", Matteo laughed out and Luca joined him immediately. "Those kids are pros, bro", he said. "Were they that bad?", Sam asked them. "If trying to burn someone's hair or cut her fingers is bad", Luca answered, still laughing.

"I'm proud of those bitches", Sam said smiling proudly. I shook my head at them and cleaned up the kitchen.

After about an hour, Luca and Sam left, leaving only Matteo and I alone.

This was a bad idea because when both of us were together with nothing to do, it was always awkward. To save the rest of my dignity, I said a quick goodnight and left for my room.