18

~CLAIR~

I yawned as I walked down the stairs. Everywhere was still dark and quiet since it was still early in the morning. Martha was on leave so I needed to prepare the kids breakfast and everything else.

"Clair?".

I jumped in fright and turned around to see Luca. "You ass, you scared me!", I yelled at him as I held my chest. He chuckled tiredly and walked towards the fridge. "Morning", he said with a yawn. "Morning to you too. Why are you awake this early?", I asked him. "Work, you?", he replied.

"Breakfast and to clean the house", I said as I proceeded with my task. "You are already practicing being a mother", he joked and I chuckled. "See you in the bright morning", he said as he grabbed a bottle of water. I waved at him before he ascended the stairs.

I turned back to the kitchen and flipped on the lights. I breathed in relief. He didn't see what I was wearing. My over large Mickey Mouse T-shirt was the only thing on me with my messy hair.

֍

After cleaning up the kitchen and living room and making breakfast, I went up to wake the kids up and prepare them for school.

Here I am, trying to make Mia do her homework. Nikki was busy making her so-called masterpiece with banana crepes and sausages and Alex was busy studying for his maths test.

I think I liked Alex among the three.

"Nikki, can't you study like Alex? Both of you have that test today", I said to the girl designing her crepes. "I hate Maths", she grumbled. "I hate maths more than you know but still, you need it", I told her.

"Aunt Clair!", she whined. "Yes baby girl", I cooed. She huffed and dropped her plate making me roll my eyes.

Then, three people walked into the kitchen. Mia came down from her chair and ran towards Matteo.

"Good morning!", she squealed and Matteo chuckled, carrying her up. "Hey baby, how was your night?", he cooed. "Awesome!", she said and he ruffled her hair.

Chloe looked shocked as if she wanted to cry.

I frowned. 'What's up with her?'

"Your kid?", she asked Matteo and I then understood her reaction. "Nope, she's my niece. I just got married", he said to her. She nodded and waved at the little girl who smiled happily at her.

Why is she here?

What does she want?

Urrrghhh!

"Good morning to you all, I made breakfast", I called out to them. They turned to me. "Mia, go and do your homework. Nikki, don't let me repeat what I said before", I said sternly to the children as Mia went back to her seat. The two girls whined while Alex chuckled at them.

"Alex, remind me to get you a chocolate bar when I come to pick you guys up", I said to him. He grinned widely while Mia pouted and Nikki glared at him. I chuckled and cleared their plates. I stood up from my seat and immediately, Chloe sat in it.

What the...

Matteo sits beside her and Luca at her other side.

...fuck?

"Aunt Clair, I need help!", Nikki wailed. I was about to turn around when- "Let me see if I can help you", I heard Chloe say.

Never mind.

"It's Maths", Nikki told her

"I love Maths", Chloe said.

I tightened my grip on the plate as I dropped it in it's rack. Okay, now I'm really on the edge.

֍

I sat on my bed as I glared at my wall. I've been angry lately and I don't know why. "Stop frowning, it doesn't suit you", Sam said as she popped a cherry into her mouth. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

Sam decided to come and hang out with me since I was practically dying in this house.

"I saw a pretty brunette down in the living room, who's she?", she asked as she continued munching on her fruit. I groaned and pulled at my hair. "She's his best friend who travelled to Italy and came back for a business trip and will be staying here till she is ready to go back", I said sharply.

"I take it that you don't like her", she said with a chuckle. "No. it's not that I don't like her. I like her but I don't like how she behaves", I said to my best friend. She raised a brow at me.

"How does she behave?", she asked.

"She's actually nice and all, but she touches him a little too much like she owns him and he doesn't complain. For the three days that she's been here, he hasn't even said anything to me. Not even a good morning", I said to her with frustration.

I was beyond frustrated.

"Are you-"

"I am not jealous!", I interrupted her statement quickly with a glare.

"Why do I even care? It's not like I own him", I said to myself and lay on my bed.

I've been so stressed lately and a lot have been going on.

Yesterday, Arianna came to pick up the kids so I had nobody to keep me company and Trevor had been so annoying lately.

"I hate people", I said aloud with a sigh.

"Remember Kim", Sam whispered making me look at her. I grinned as I remember the girl that barfed on a guy after kissing him. "She was scared", I defended. "Oh please, I wanted to kiss that guy but after then. It was a no go", she said as she cringed and I giggled.