19

~CLAIR~

"Clair, can I talk to you?", I turned around to see Chloe standing by the door of the kitchen. I was preparing dinner and I couldn't just leave what I was doing. "Okay, I'm listening", I nodded at her.

She walked towards me and leaned on the counter. I envied her greatly. She was so perfect.

She had the right curves in the right places, exotic beauty and a nice personality, that is, to others. "You don't like me", she stated.

Ah! That sucks bitch!

"I like you", I said as I cut the onions. "Why did you marry him?", she asked me. I almost choked on my spit.

What is it with people asking me this question?

"Why do you ask?", I asked her calmly. She sighed and stood straight.

"I love Teo, ever since high school. I've told him on several occasions but he always said no. Now, he's married", she said with her voice breaking.

"I'm so sorry", I said to her not knowing what else to say. "You don't have to be. It only hurt me that I was his first and he was mine, I thought we were meant to be", she sniffled as she looked at the ground.

Okay that burned!

I stopped cutting whatever I was cutting and swallowed hard. "S-sorry?", I stuttered. "I always thought we'd end up together like we promised", she said with a sigh.

He promised?

A woman supposed to tell another man's wife that he loves her husband?

I turned to her and faked a smile. "The marriage isn't out of love. You can still have him if you want and if he falls in love, we can divorce", I don't know why I'm said that.

Her eyes lit up and she hugged me.

"Thank you", she said and ran out of the kitchen. I stared at the open space.

"You're welcome", I croaked.

*

*

*

Dinner was unbelievably awkward. At least for me it was.

Matteo and Chloe were busy talking happily while I was eating and checking my instagram page.

I need more followers.

"Teo, can we go to the beach?", she asked. I looked up from my phone. "When?", he asked her. "Tomorrow", she replied with a grin showing her pearly white teeth. "I'll be free then so okay", he said to her and my jaw nearly dropped. She smiled and turned to face me.

Matteo never goes to the beach.

I flashed her a fake smile and she grinned. "Clair, will you come along?", she asked. I shrug, "Okay". She smiled and continued to eat her food.

Something was up with this woman. I hope I don't regret agreeing.

֍

Fuck it!

I regret agreeing to this shit!

I so much want to murder her with my ice cream spoon. The way she was hugging him, pecking his cheeks and him laughing every time she did it made me really unhappy.

'Just admit that you're jealous'

Shut up subconscious.

'Okay then.'

Then something I was not expecting happened. She kissed him.

She fucking kissed him on the lips!

My insides burned as I drank in the picture as she crashed her lips on his.

Immediately, I stood up from my blanket and began to walk away. The only thing I brought was my phone and the blanket so I wasn't really worried.

Sorry blanket, it was nice knowing you. I wasn't wearing a bikini set, only a mini floral sundress and white sandals.

I began to walk away until I reached the road. My phone began to ring and I picked it up. "Clair?", Sam's voice called. "Club 19", I mumbled and hang up.

*

*

*

"Stop this, Clair!", Sam warned me as she looked at me with concern. I scoffed at her and took another swig of my mixture of cocktail and vodka. I've never taken this much alcohol but I did't care right now. All I wanted was to be free.

"I honestly don't know why you're taking me to that asshole", I hiccupped as I turned to face her as she drove down the dark highway. "That asshole is your husband. I get it that he hurt you, I too am angry with him but he'll be worried", she said to me.

I laughed at the last part. Worried? "More like sucking Chloe's face or even fucking her brains out", I said with disgust. "Yuck! Don't say that again", she said as she drove through the gate of my estate.

"I don't want to see his face", I whined as she parked in front of our mansion. She sighed and got out of the car. I down the rest of my drink as she opened the door of my side.

"Clair, get out of the car and go into the house", she ordered with a stern look on her face. "Says who?", I burped a little and giggdle at the sound. "Fucking Lord! Get your cute ass out of the car", she said as she tried to help me out. "No", I crossed my arms as moved away from her reach.

"It's dark already, you need to get some rest okay?", she said softly to me. I sighed and stepped out of the car. I swayed a little on my feet but she steadied me. "Do you need help into the house?", she asked me as we approached the stairs.

"Nah, I'm good", I told her with a cheeky smile. "Okay then, call me tomorrow", she followed me up the stairs and walked me to the door. "Will do", I said as I waved her bye and walked into the house.

I hit the wall and groaned at the pain. "Fucking wall", I mumbled as I swayed my way into the living room. I see a figure leaning on the wall. Everywhere was dark so I couldn't make out his face.

"Where were you?", the figure asked. The voice sounds like Matteo's. Oh wait, it's him. "Why do you care?", I retorted. "Clair, I'm not joking. Where have you been?", he pushed himself off the wall and walked closer to me.

I did not answer him but a hiccup left my mouth and I somehow lost my balance. He caught me before I fell to the floor.

"Don't touch me, you prick", I snapped him. He sighed and carried me in bridal style to the kitchen before placing me on the counter.

"You were drinking, weren't you?"