17

~CLAIR~

"Easy for you to say", I mumbled and he chuckled. "Mr. Romano, it's good to see to again", the large man said as they approached us. "The pleasure is mine, Mr. Shaw. You've aged quite much lately", Luca said as they shook hands.

Mr. Shaw's eyes landed on me and a grin formed on his lips. "You are even more beautiful than the pictures on the magazines", he said in admiration. "Thank you sir", I said blushing. "Call me Marwick, sir is a little old. Don't you think?", he joked and I giggled lightly.

"What's your name, beautiful?", he asked. "Clair", I said and he turned to Matteo. "Name, face and personality is beautiful, you better keep her or I'll castrate you", he warned making  Matteo roll his eyes but nodded nevertheless.

"Teo?", I heard a smooth voice call immediately Mr. Shaw left. We turned to the right to see a beautiful woman standing there. She was tall, slim with beautiful long reddish brown hair, green eyes and pink lips. She was a definition of beauty and perfection.

"Chloe?', he said with a tinge of smile and surprise in his voice. Oh, so she could make him smile while I couldn't.

She ran to him and pulled him in a hug. "It's so good to see you!", she squealed happily. "I've missed you", he said as they pulled away. "Chloe the clown!", Luca beamed at her as they hugged.

She chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Hey monkey", she said and Luca pouted.

You know those times when you'll be looking like a fool and not knowing what is going on? This was one of the times.

"This is my wife, Clair", Matteo said as he pointed at me.

So, I'm relevant now.

I waved at the woman warmly. "Hi", I said, not knowing where to go. Mr. Shaw had already left so I was the forth wheeler here.

Chloe's eyes widened in shock and I spotted an emotion in eyes before she covered it with a smile. Was she sad?

"H-hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Chloe", she smiled holding out her hand. "Me too", I shook her hand.

The party went on, boring and useless.

Matteo, Luca and Chloe were busy laughing and talking while I was by the bar thinking of how I was going to get home.

My phone began to ring. "Yeah?", I saif knowing who the caller was. "I'm heading home. The kids are asleep and I need to get something done", she said with a yawn. "Okay thanks, I'll call you when I get home", I said. "Okay bye", she said and I hung up.

I placed my phone in my purse and sighed. I think it's time I headed for home. I pushed myself off the table and looked to the side to see Chloe and Matteo dancing. Their bodies were so close that it made me want to puke.

Okay, so this is weird.

I walked out of the building, the cold breeze hit my skin making me shiver. "Fuck", I cursed as I rubbed my arms. It was freaking cold outside. "Need a ride?", I saw a car pull up in front of me.

Luca!

I quickly got in the passenger's seat. "Thanks", I breathed as I enjoy the warmth of the car. "Why do you want to go home so early?", he asked as he started to drive.

"I can ask the same for you", I retorted. He sighed and shook his head. "Everywhere was boring", he saif and I snorted. "Really? I thought you guys were having funning while I was left alone at the bar looking like a fool", I said.

"What's wrong?", he asked, confused. "Who's she?", I asked him.

"Who?".

"You know who", I glared at him making his eyes widen. "Oh, Chloe. She was our best friend since kindergarten. We did everything together and all", he said with a smile.

"Okay then", I nodded and turned to face the window. "Are you jealous? Is that why you left?", he teased making me glare at him. "No, it's already eleven fifty and Sam already left the kids for home", I defended.

I wasn't jealous.

How can I be?

Pfff.

'Keep telling yourself that, honey'.

Oh shut up subconscious.

"Okay" he said, still not believing me. Well, I didn't expect him to.

He drove into our estate and parked in the garage. "Are you staying over?", I asked him. He nodded as we get out of the car. "My house is far from here and I'm already exhausted", he said as he stretched his limbs.

We walked into the house and he immediately headed for the guest room. I chuckled and decide to check on the kids before going to bed.

I open the door to Alex's room. Everywhere was dark but I could see his sleeping figure due to the moonlight. He was snoring softly and peacefully. I chuckled and walk out of his room.

Nikki was also sleeping but mumbling some nonsense but it was still a  very cute sight.

I entered Mia's room. She was hugging her white fluffy teddy bear as she sleeps. Her pink Hello Kitty moonlight lamp was on allowing me to see her clearly. I walked closer to her and sit beside her.

"Clair?", she mumbled it her sleep. "Shh, go to sleep, baby", I kissed her forehead. She smiles and snuggles closer to her teddy bear. I inwardly smiled and stood up to leave for my room.

Then a thought struck me.

Will I ever have kids of my own?