9

~CLAIR~

Taylor dragged me to where the women we standing. "Welcome darling", mom said warmly and all my hatred for her vanished. I couldn't stay mad at the woman that took care of me. I smiled at her and she smiled back lovingly. "Hi, I'm Arianna but you can call me Ari. I'm Matteo's older sister", a beautiful thick blackish brown haired woman said to me.

Her beauty was so exotic and I knew that she got it from their mom. She had wavy blackish brown hair, beautiful brown eyes and hot pink lips. "It's nice to meet you", I said. "I'm Briana, Matteo's younger sister and the baby of the house", a younger version of Arianna said and we laughed a little. She had more resemblance with Matteo than Arianna.

Gray eyes, a nicely sharp nose, black hair that reached her elbows (and I thought it was only Sam and I that had that length) and full plump lips. She looked absolutely beautiful and breathtaking.

I got introduced to Matteo's mother; she was one of the most warmhearted people I've ever met. "Okay everyone, time for dinner", she called out and everybody went to their seats.

I sat beside Matteo, next to me was Aiden and his wife, Hannah. In front of me was mom and dad, on dad's left was Briana next to the children. On mom's right was Matteo's parents.

"So how's your marriage?", Mr. Rossi asked as we started eating. "We're doing perfectly fine", Matteo answered curtly. "I heard that the company is growing widely", Aiden said saving us from more questions from Matteo's father. "Yeah, we're checking out the new sites next week", Matteo's older brother, Dominick said.

"That's wonderful, son", Mr. Rossi said to Matteo. "I was planning on tell you this evening", Matteo said as he glared at Dominick who grinned back at him sweetly. I smiled at their childishness. 

"So, Clair?", Mr. Rossi called. "Yes sir?", I replied looking at him . "Tell us what you do for a living", he said with a smile. Now that I look at it, Matteo had his features shared between his mom and dad. He had his father's hair color and sharp nose while he had his mother's lips and eye color.

"I work in a hospital as a full time doctor", I said and he grinned proudly. "Well that's wonderful and surprising too. I expected that you would be an account or banker", he said with a tone of surprise. I shook my head. "No, business doesn't interest me at all", I said and everyone chuckled.

"Back in high school, she hated anything calculation. She cried the day she was given calculus weekend assignment", Taylor said and everyone laughed. I glared at her as I ate my food. I felt like kicking her leg.

"She begged for dad to take her away", Aiden added. "I'll never forget how she rolled on the floor", dad said, joining the trend and my face reddened. "That was in middle school", I grumbled in embarrassment. Why were they doing this to me? "And you were so adorable", Aiden cooed, pinching my cheeks and I swatted his hands away.

"Oh shut it", I glared at him and he chuckled. I sneak a glance at Matteo who was smiling at me. Then there was a little sneeze that made everywhere quiet. A little girl with her hair pulled in large pigtails looked at everyone with wide eyes. "Sorry", she apologized embarrassed.

"It's okay sweetie, just drink some water", Arianna said to her and the girl nodded. Dinner ended on a good note and everyone was happy. Well, I was s little tired but I had to keep up with everyone's energy.

"Mommy, my nose hurts", I heard a cute tiny voice said as I approached the kitchen. "Don't worry Mia, just drink a little water and you'll be fine", I heard another voice say. I entered the kitchen and saw Arianna standing in front of the little girl.

"Arianna, what's the problem?", I asked as I walked into the kitchen. She turned to meet me with a sad smile. "Oh Clair, sorry to disturb you", she said with a smile.

"What's wrong?", I asked approaching them. "Mia just has a little allergy", she said. I nodded and look at Mia whose face was already red. I placed my palm on her head and found her temperature hot. "She has fever", I said.

"If she has fever she won't be able to stay at someone's house", she said with dismay. "Why?", I asked as I gently massaged the little girl's arm. She was tense. "I need someone to look after the kids while I travel to Italy for a conference and look after my grandparents for a month", she explained.

"You can keep them with me, I'll look after them", I offered. "But you will be busy, besides, I don't want to burden you", she said and I shook my head. "I'm not always busy so I have will definitely have time for them", I assured her. She turned to her daughter. "Baby, will you stay with aunt Clair's for some time?", she asked her.

"Aunt Clair is nice, yes mommy", Mia said with a bright smile and I smiled. "Okay then, I'll ask Alex and Nikki", she said and I nodded. I walked out of the kitchen to the living room.

Dominick walked up to me with a blonde woman who was holding a young boy in her hands. "Clair, this is Lisa my wife. Lisa, this Matteo's wife Clair", he said and his wife and I exchanged pleasantries.

"Hey little guy, what's your name?", I asked the boy in her hands. "I'm Marco, I'm four years old", he grinned and I found myself grinning back. "He's cute", I commented and Lisa giggled.

֍

"It was nice having dinner with you", I said as we said our goodbyes to one snother. "I'll bring the kids over tomorrow by five in the afternoon", Arianna said and I nodded in agreement. "Okay then", Matteo said. "Bye kids", I waved at the little children. "Bye aunt Clair, bye Matteo!", they squealed and I laughed.

I watched as Alex ran to Matteo and he caught him. He tickled the little boy and threw him up in the air. "Be a good boy, okay?", he said to Alex and the boy nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow", Matteo said as he put him down. "Okay", Alex hugged him and ran back to his mother.