22

~SAMANTHA~

Staring at the woman sleeping on the bed in front of me, I sighed. Her long brown her was scattered on the pillow and on her face making her look so cute and innocent.

Innocent my ass.

I snickered at my thought. She stirred a little and I walked over to her. My phone began to play its Barbie in the diamond castle theme song. 'Clair!' I glared at the woman as I picked it up. I'm going to kill this bitch.

"Samantha speaking", I said. "Hey Sam, sorry to disturb you but is Clair with you?", the worried voice of Matteo filled my ears. "Yup and sound asleep like a baby", I said as I looked over at her.

He sighed in relief as he mumbled a thank you. "She told you, didn't she?", he asked me. "More like cried to me", I said. "I'm such a fool, she'll never forgive me", he mumbled to himself. "Actually, she doesn't blame you and she never did. All she did was blame herself. I had to make her stop", I told him.

"Thank you Sam, I don't know what I would have done without you", he said in appreciation. "I know, you would had jumped over the bridge into a lake and drowned", I joked as I sat on the bed and he chuckled in amusement. "You're something else", he said. "That's why I like me", I said. "So what are you going to do about it? Because she basically feels disappointed with herself", I asked him.

He sighed and began to speak. "Make her feel loved and all that sappy romantic things that happens in books and movies", he replied. I raised a brow. Oh really? "Bro, can't you just fall head over heels or something?", I asked him. "We promised each other that we won't fall in love with each other", he replied shortly.

"Both of you are fools, blind fools I tell ya", I snorted out. "Whatever you say, girl", he said and I knew he rolled his eyes. "Did you just call me a girl?", I asked him as I narrowed my eyes.

His damn nerves!

"Aren't you a girl?", he sassed nonchalantly. "The next time I see you, you are dead!", I proclaimed and he laughed. "That's if you can lay a finger on me", he challenged. "Puh-leese, I can do anything", I said.

"Okay, Barbie", he said with a laugh. "W-what?!", I stuttered in surprise. Who does he think he is calling me Barbie? I am not Barbie! "Don't you know you look like a Barbie doll?", he asked playfully. "You're dead, bye", I said and he chuckled before I hung up.

"Bastard", I mumbled as I hit the home screen. "Was that Matteo?", I raised my head to see a sleepy Clair. "Yeah", I said unsure of her reaction.

"What was it about?", she asked. "Just normal chatting and him asking you to come home", I told her. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair making her look as cute as ever.

'Go best friend!', my subconscious sang and I mentally rolled my eyes.

Where the hell was Matteo? He's never where he's meant to be. Look at this cute piece of chunk here and he's telling me he can't fall in love.

Fuck it!

Then something popped up in my mind.

I grinned wickedly at her making her tilt her head to the side confused. "Why are you grinning like a psychotic idiot?", she asked me. I shook my head at her as I grinned wider. "Nothing, nothing at all", I told her.

I had a mission and I'm sticking to that mission.

I was going to make Clair and Matteo fall in love!

֍

~CLAIR~

It's been three days since that incident happened and I've tried my best to be back to normal. Nobody wore the pity look again and I was grateful for that.

"Spacing out isn't good on you", I snapped back to reality looking at Trevor's face. Oh, we were talking. What was I telling this idiot again? "I know you love my face but you don't need to dream", he smirked. "Shut up Trevor and be serious for once in your life", I told him with a glare.

He grinned and shook his head. "Can't help it", he admitted. I sighed as ran my hand through my hair. I don't even understand why I'm friends with him became even though he's not that bad, he's cocky.

FLASHBACK:

'"Clair!", I turned around to see Trevor. What does this bastard want now? "How may I help you?", I asked him. "I need to tell you something", he said. "I need to go home", I told him and turned around to leave.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I glared at him but he had serious look so I decided to stop moving. "How may I help you?", I asked him in irritation. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I know you won't believe me but I'm really sorry for everything I've done to you", he said with a sincere tone.

I almost wanted to laugh. "Really? Including the day you sexually harassed me in the parking lot?", I asked him mockingly. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm really sorry for everything, really", he told me. I really wanted to go but something made me believe him.

"Okay then, I forgive you but how am I sure you're really sorry?", I said. He sighed and shook his head. "You don't have to believe me, I don't expect you to", he said.

"I forgive you though", I mumbled. "Does that mean we can be friends, at least?", he asked with hope filled eyes. I paused and then nodded. "Friends", I said and he grinned. There was no harm in trying'