8

~CLAIR~

I yawned as I opened my eyes to see a beautiful face. I just admired how he looked whenever he was asleep. No worries, no doubt and no stress.

"Don't bite your lip", his husky voice made my eyes widen as he opened his eyes. "Good morning", I mumbled as we sat up. "Did you sleep well?", he asked and I nodded. "Yes, thank you for yesterday", I said and he smiled kissing my temple.

֍

"My parents are inviting the whole of both families for dinner", he said and I raised a brow popping a grape in my mouth. "How exactly, is your dining room that big?", I asked. He chuckled and popped a grape into his mouth.

Why does it have to make it look so sexy when he eats? Oh God! I might go crazy soon.

"You haven't been to my parents' house. It's a replica of this but their dining room is large since my mom see it's fun to be inviting people every weekend", he said and I giggled.

We decided to spend the early morning together doing nothing.

"That's so nice of your mom", I said. "I can't blame her, she loves cooking. When I was younger, she'd send Alex, my dad and I away from the kitchen saying we're gonna ruin her work", he said shrugging and I laughed a little.

"So how do I dress?", I asked. "Semi formal", he replied and I nodded. "I've picked out a dress for you it'll be delivered to your room later", he said. "You didn't have to", I tried to reason with him. "Nah, it's fine", he said.

"What time are we going?", I asked him. "Around seven thirty", he said and I nodded as I stood up. I grabbed our empty plates and took it to the dishwasher. "I'm heading off to work now. I'll see you in the evening", he said and I waved him bye.

When he left I turned around to continue what I was doing. "You two are becoming really close", I turned around to see Martha coming in. "Yeah, I feel our friendship is getting better", I said with a smile and she snorted. "Keep telling yourself that kid", she said and I frowned.

"Why are people of these days blind or is it my old age?", she asked no one in particular as she shook her head. "What exactly do you mean, Martha?", I asked as I wipe my hands. "Come sit child", she said as she sat at the island and I obliged.

"In case you guys don't know, your friendship is more than what you think", she deadpanned. "I don't think so", I argued. "Exactly what I'm saying, both of you are goddamn stubborn. He denies it, you deny it, he accepts it, then you accept it. I'm an old woman for christs sake, let me do my job in choosing what's right for you", she said in annoyance and I sighed.

"He's still with Alexia", I saidbtrying to ignore the hurt in my chest. "What makes you think that?", she asked with raised brow. "I don't know", I mumbled looking at my fingers. "Ask him yourself, okay?", she said as she put my hands in hers and I nodded. "Just think about it. You love him and he loves you but both of you are blind to see it", she said bluntly and I laughed.

"Why do you want us to be together?", I asked her. "Because it's a divine miracle that both of you are married. That is why I thank God every day. Seeing both of you together makes me happy. Please, don't let him slip off your grasp", she begged and I nodded. This woman was so sweet to me.

"Okay Martha, I have to get to work now", I told her as I stood up. I pulled her in a hug and grabbed my bag. "Thank you, I'll see you in the evening", I said as I approached the door. "Be safe, dear", she said and I nodded before walking out.

I walk into the garage and get in my car.

֍

I sighed as I dropped the files on my desk. "You okay?". I opened my eyes to see Jane setting a cup of coffee on my desk. "For you", she said and I thanked her as I take a sip of the heavenly bittersweet drink.