25

~CLAIR~

How can I be pregnant? "Seriously?", she asked happily. I turned to face her with tears falling down my cheeks. "Why are you crying?", she rushed to me. "I'm going to be a terrible mother", I told her. "Don't say that", she said sternly. "What if he finds me? He'll kill my unborn baby", I sniffled.

She pulled me in her arms and kissed my forehead. "He'll never find you? Clair, that was in the past. He won't kill your baby at all", she assured me. I wiped my tears and placed my hand on my still flat stomach. A small smile formed on my lips and then it turned to a frown.

"How am I going to tell Matteo?". She pulled me to my feet and grabs the sticks. "I know how to tell him", she walked to the kitchen with me at her back. Throwing two sticks into the bin, she put the last one inside a transparent nylon and turned to face me.

"You start a conversation and then you'll indirectly tell him", she said. I shook my head and leaned on the counter. "I can't tell him. What if he doesn't want the baby?", I said to her. "Then he's a bastard if he doesn't want it", she murmured to herself. I sighed and shook my head.

What am I going to do now?

֍

Sitting in the sun room was more relaxing at night than during the day. This room was located at the top most part of the mansion where the roof was made of glass. It was large and very airy with two couches and two arm chairs. It was peaceful.

I stared at the moon and stars. They were so beautiful to look at, I wished life was as beautiful as them. So many things have happened unexpectedly in my life.

First, I got married to a world known billionaire and former model.

Then I got to meet his side bitch who he then broke up with.

Many more things happened that lead to our drunk sex and now I was pregnant.

Worst of all, my torturer is out of prison and looking for me.

Tears fell freely down my cheeks as I placed my hands on my flat stomach. "I know you haven't formed yet but I know you're there. Not that I don't want you, I do, I really want you so much but not in a situation like this. I'm not sure if your father would want me to keep you but I'll tell him, don't worry".

"You'll tell me what?".

I quickly stood up and turned around to see Matteo by the door. He was looking confused and hurt was evident on his face. "Matteo", I said in surprise.

He heard me.

"You're pregnant?", he asked me. I swallowed hard as I nodded before averting my gaze to the ground.

I didn't want to see his reaction.

What if he didn't want the pregnancy? "And you think I won't want the baby?", he asked lowly. "I don't know", I said as I looked away from him. Tears fell down my cheeks as my mind went with negative thoughts.

I wanted to choke on my tears.

"Of course I want the baby as much as you do. Clair, why would you think such a thing?", he walked towards me. My eyes met his and I began to shake. "Because I'm in danger and it means the baby too is in danger", I cried.

His features softened and he pulled me into him. His warm embrace was so comforting and soothing. "Don't think like that. Is that why you didn't come down for dinner?", he asked. I didn't answer and he let out a small laugh. He gently wiped my tears with his hands and kissed my cheeks.

"I don't like the idea of a malnourished baby so I think you should be eating for two from now on", he said jokingly.

I smiled and shook my head, "The foetus hasn't developed yet. It's still a tiny egg". "Whatever you say, doctor, now let's get you something to eat", he said and I smiled at his way of making me feel better.