7

~CLAIR~

I groaned as I opened my eye and took in my surroundings. I'm in my room, that's a good sign. What happened?

Then memories of my earlier event came crashing my mind. My cheeks turned shades of red as I bit my lip.

I sat up straight and buried my head in my hands. "I'm done for", I groaned. And then I realized, I was wearing a very large shirt. It smelled like him.

Oh My Lord!

"You're awake", the devil walked into the room in his glory.

"How long did I sleep?", I asked him. "About four hours or more", he answered as he approached me. "Where's Sam?", I asked him. "She went home about thirty minutes ago. I'll call her to inform her that you've woken up", he said and I nodded in appreciation.

"Are you hungry?", he asked me. I slowly nodded embarrassed as I noticed that he had no shirt on. I peeled the covers off me and stood up only to lose balance and fall.

But I never hit the ground. I opened my eyes to see a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. My eyes slowly looked up to see a pair of stormy gray eyes looking down at me.

"I guess I have to carry you then", he said and I shook my head quickly. "No, don't worry. I can walk", I gushed out in embarrassment. He chuckled and then swept me up in bridal style.

His shirt was rolled up to my hips and my thighs were on display. That made me more embarrassed, if that was even possible. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Then, he dropped me on the island and I saw Martha coming towards me with a tray in hand.

"Here you go sweetheart", she said with a smile and I returned her smile. I look down at my food. Grilled steak with steamed vegetables, I could go with that.

Matteo watched me eat and that made me feel so self conscious. Unfortunately for me, the food was heavenly delicious but I couldn't eat anymore so I pushed it aside.

"We need to talk", he said and I sighed. "About what happened earlier this morning, I'm sorry", I quickly apologized. He chuckled and dropped his phone, giving me his full attention.

"Why are you apologizing?", he asked. "Because I thought you'd be mad at me for doing that", I mumbled as I fiddle my fingers with the hem of his shirt.

"I can't be angry Clair. I'm not a bad guy, and I'm sorry for all I said at the beginning of our marriage", he said and I raised my head to look at him. I'm glad Martha left the kitchen.

"Okay", I said. "What happened to you that triggered your attack?", he asked. I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed. "Alexia slapped me", I said quickly hoping that he wouldn't unleash his anger on me.

"Why?", he asked with a frown. "According to her, they chose me to model over her. I don't still understand though because I didn't even apply for the job", I explained with a small frown. I didn't understand why something like that would happen.

"And?", he urged me to go on. "She then blamed me for everything that had happened to her. She said I stole you, I took away her fame and now I'm taking away her job", I said at once and then took in a breath.

"Do you think you're taking everything away from her?", he asked me. I shook my head. "No, I don't at all. First, I didn't even plan marriage. Second, I don't even want the fame. Third, I never planned to model for anything or anyone", I explained with honesty.

"Clair, you need to stop worrying on all these things. Things happen and you need to go with it", he said and I nodded, thanking my stars that he didn't lash out like I expected him to.