15

"Tobias you have to say something to her." The therapist said looking at the boy.

He stared at the wall head resting on his hand. "I have nothing to say to her. Her bullshit got me taken from my family."

"Okay this is a start. How did she do that?"

"She made up a lie! She signed me away. She looked me in the eyes and said I'd never be her son if she did it." He looked at the therapist.

"I want this to end. I want to go home with my dad, my ma, and my sister."

"I'm your ma Toby. She's-"

"They! If you're going to talk about my ma use their pronouns!" He shouted standing from his chair.

The therapist got up. "Okay let's take a break. Tobias your parents and sister are in the next room. They figured this would happen."

Toby walked out of the room and ran into his ma's arms.

"Its okay love. It's okay." Dawson held him close rubbing circles into his back.

Lani grabbed the hem of his shirt. "No be sad. Bubba be happy."

Toby picked her up and sat on the ground. The siblings played with the legos.

-

"Okay let's try this again. Grace share your concerns."

"Schlatt did a good job raising him. But Dawson isn't his parent. She has no right making any parenting decisions. I'm his mom."

"Dawson uses they them pronouns Grace please respect that. Tobias your thoughts."

"Grace signed her rights away. She can't decide that she wants me when it's convenient for her."

-

"That sounds intense." Ranboo said as he and Toby walked to class.

"I just want to go home." He whispered sitting in his desk.

"Hey doesn't Lani go over tonight?"

"Yeah and she goes home Sunday."

-

"Come on Lani." Toby took the toddler outside. Lani walked over to the flower garden.

"Bubba look. Bee!" She squealed as Toby knelt next to her as they watched the fuzzy insect collect pollen.

A bit later the siblings made flower crowns with the wild daisy's at the edge of the fence.

The stems of the flowers whirled together. Lani got up and placed the crown onto her bubbas head. Toby smiled and laid his on her unruly hair.

His foster mom took a photo of the pair. She called them in for dinner.

Toby did it all he made her a plate, his foster mom gave her a bath, he put her to bed, and did it again Saturday night. Sunday morning came and Toby had a tight feeling in his chest.

That afternoon he helped her pull the sweater over her arms.

"Are you coming bubba?"

"I have to stay here for a bit longer. But I'll see you next weekend." He hugged his sister before he opened the door.

His social worker took Lani by the hand.

"Bye Bubba. Love you."

"Bye Lani. I love you."

:)---------------------------------------(:

So the stock pile is large and I could make maybe every 4 day updates. Also I'm getting to the end of the book and I'm gonna cry because this entire journey has been amazing.

Please let me know what y'all wanna see at the end of the book. Please give any feedback y'all have.

Thank you so much for taking the time and reading this story that I thought of during a depressive episode. Love <3