24

-June-

"Come on bubba!"

"Hold on Lani you need sunscreen." Dawson said stepping onto the porch with the bottle.

Tubbo walked out and looked around. "All summer?" He asked his father looking over.

"Yeah, ma said we needed to get out of the suburbs so we came to stay in the country with your pop." He said putting his hand on his sons shoulder.

"Theres no cell service I can't even talk to my friends."

"You can when we go into town for groceries. You'll survive bud."

"Toby come help me get the horse into his stable." Pop called leaning against the fence.

Toby walked over climbing over the fence like he did when he was ten. "He's new?" He asked slowly approaching the animal.

"Yeah cousin Janie wanted him but he's too wild for her." Pop responded climbing out of the pen.

Toby gently put his hand on the horses snout. "Good boy." The horse nudged his hand as Toby slowly slid the bridle onto the horse. He led him back to the stable slowly.

"Well I'll be, you got yourself a really horse whisper Dawson." Pop complimented as Toby walked out of the stables.

"I guess you're right dad. Come on Toby lets go swim." They called taking Lani to the river. Toby ran after them waving at pop.

"You should think about military school Schlatt. The boy needs it, it'll give discipline." Pop told Schlatt.

"No it'll just fuck him up, my kid is a genuine friend, an honest son, and a helpful kid in general. And that's rare for someone his age. I think he's good Gary." Schlatt walked over to where his family set up.

-

"Dad I can't find my phone! I was gonna go to town and call my friends for Addies birthday." Toby said walking to his father.

"Pop took it from your room, he went through. He showed us the pictures of you and Ranboo." Schlatt ruffled his hair.

"What pictures? The only one I have with him are on snap chat filters." Toby pocketed the phone and looked at his father.

"Hes one of them gays Dawson. No man uses them filters." The voice boomed to the kitchen.

"So what? Even if he is thats still our son and we'll love him no matter what. You need to stop he's not going to military school, he's a good kid he doesn't need to be there." Dawson responded before walking over and picking up Lani. "I think we should go. We stayed too long."

"You were given your dead mothers name not so you could be a disgrace." He called them by their dead name.

The family left that afternoon and never looked back.

:)---------------------------------------(:
Filler chapter nothing too exciting

4 chapters left🥺