Chapter 20: Goodbye Terra

Chapter 20:

Goodbye Terra…

   Terra didn’t know how to react or even know how to speak. Her mouth was open and she just sat there opposite me. I started to wave my arms in the air trying to get her attention, “You-who! I’m still here! What if they break in and find me? I’ll be charged too under suspicion of accompanying you! We have to get out of here!” I exclaimed softly. Terra shook her head as tears started rolling down her face.

   “No, I’m sorry Yuna… You are the one who is going to escape, not me. I must turn myself in so you can get back to the Academy safely. If you don’t, your future with Shiki will not happen and all that travel would be for nothing. You must go, there’s a back door, I’ll turn myself in and you can run out without them knowing you were even here.” She said getting up and kneeling before me as I sat at the table still.

   I shook my head as tears began to well in my eyes too, “You know I can’t do that! You know what kind of person I’ll see myself as? Seriously, we’ll find a way—”

   “NO! Go now Yuna! You can’t stay.” Her hands grasped mine and she squeezed them tightly, “I only have one request: seek revenge for me and find out the true villain who has been turning these innocent people into Vampires. Find that monster and stop him or her. Do that for me.”

   The banging on the door began to get louder, “But—”

   “Don’t do this to me Yuna, just go! That will make me happy, not seeing you taken along with me now please, I’m begging, go!” She whispered loudly. I stood up and tiptoed to the door, glancing back at her as my tears were now covering my red cheeks, “Go…” She said again before I opened the door and stepped out.

    Sniffing loudly, I quietly walked toward the back door near the kitchen. I heard the door start to open so I assumed Terra was going outside. I so wanted to just run out and attack those awful people framing her but I couldn’t. Knowing I couldn’t help, I silently opened the back door and stepped out, jumping off the balcony and onto the grass. It was still night time so I knew I had time to get back to my dorm and get a little sleep before tomorrow’s classes. I heard voices from around the front so I wiped my tears away and began to listen.

   “Come with us Terra and we’ll take you—” one man said before he was cut off by Terra.

   “No,” she whispered.

   “What did you say?” Another asked.

   “I said no!” She snapped and then I heard loud wave like noises of water and the men from the Hunters Association started to shout and yell. “Take this!” She cried as I heard crashes of water. Terra must’ve been using her powers to attack the men and make a quick escape… or something else

   “No, stop! She’s got the gun!” One cried and I heard a faint sound followed by a trigger being pulled.

I suddenly froze, trembling as I slid down the side of the house to sit on the beneath. My tears were now rushing down like waterfalls down my flushed face. I couldn’t blink and I knew my friend, my close friend who brought me love had just shot herself. She must’ve shot herself with a similar weapon to what Zero has… A Bloody Rose…

   My hands covered my face as I continued to listen, “Well, that shut her up and stopped the water. I guess the Association said they wanted her alive or dead so here she is. She won’t be killing anymore.”

   “But this isn’t good,” Another man began, “The Senate will blame us for this death…”

   “She killed herself, there’s nothing we can do.”

   She wasn’t killing before any way you jerks! She was the nicest Vampire in the world and you drove her to kill her own self!

Once I was sure they had left, and after they raided her home and collected some things they suggested as evidence, I hid under the house just in case one came outside to look about but to my confusion, they didn’t, I got up and walked back toward the Academy, sick in the stomach not just from the Time Travel and the huge journeys I took today but the regret and depression I was suffering from because someone innocent had just died… someone beautiful and wonderful natured. Someone who I am going to find revenge for. Look out you beast in human form! You’re about to face me, a Vampire Hunter!

   I looked down at my hands, all this pain and regret was forcing my powers to go psycho and purple electricity was circling my fingers and the palm of my hand. I needed to release it, let my anger out.

   I placed my hands into the air side by side and cried out. A beam of static shot into the air lighting up the sky in a vivid bluey purple light which was full of electricity. I was hoping not only did every single Vampire in the Academy see that but the Pure Blood who killed all those people.

   “Let that fly as warning, I am coming for you.” I spoke angrily as I pulled my hands down and clenched them together tightly. I looked around and didn’t notice anyone on duty anymore… Zero must’ve gone back to his Dorm.

   “Yuna?!” Spoke a familiar voice from behind me. I glanced around in surprise to see Kurando standing in between to trees. I just stared at him for a moment before realizing this wouldn’t be the best place to be right now… I really needed to get out of here.

   I instantly turned around and bolted down the path away from his sight, I needed to just go to my Dorm and sleep… sleep, wow that sounded nice. He didn’t run after me, he knew something was up and he needn’t get involved. I was somehow grateful for that and soon I ended in my dorm and quietly went to the bathroom to get ready for bed… until I decided to vomit all over the sink.

Visions of Terra flooded through my head and a massive headache struck my mind. I collapsed and latched onto my forehead in agony, looking up into the mirror to find my eyes bright purple… same colour as my abilities. I was angry, sad… this would be the first ever time my powers would be at their strongest! I was trembling and I wanted to throw up again… I felt as if I wouldn’t make it through the night.

   “Yuna? What’s wrong?” Asuna mumbled stepping into the bathroom to find me sick and in pain. She gasped and sat next to me, trying not to breathe in the stench of the vomit. “Yuna?! Why are you sick? What’s happened… and what’s wrong with your eyes?”