Chapter 22: Asuna's Discovery

Chapter 22:

Asuna’s Discovery

  I slowly placed the flower down onto my side table next to my bed and pulled out the drawing folded several times.

   “What’s that?” Asuna asked looking over the piece.

   “Nothing really.” I swung my legs off my bed and walked over to the bathroom.

   “You feeling better?” She asked.

   I turned to face her, “Oh yeah, I feel better. Completely better actually! I think I’m cured!” I said with a smile as I wondered where to put the drawing.

   “Oh that’s awesome!” She gasped in joy and picked up the flower again, “I’ll find a vase for this, I thought it was beautiful. Kurando picked it out for you by the way.” I gasped and turned to see her.

   “Kurando?!” I cried out-of-the-blue.

   “What’s wrong with you today about Kurando? You seem to be scared when someone says his name. Why?” She asked me as she ruffled through some things in the cupboard. I shivered when I remembered those dreams.

   “Nothing… I’m not sure, just had a strange dream about him.” I said and opened up the drawing.

   “Is that a child’s drawing?” She asked as she peered over my shoulder with a small vase in her hands along with the pink rose. I smiled when I saw myself with Little Shiki. “This one looks like Shiki—he has his hair… but who’s that?” She asked as she looked at me in the picture.

   I smiled at her wondering if she would get it but she wasn’t the smartest cookie in the basket, Asuna.

   “Eh, beats me.” She mumbled and walked into the bathroom. “Aww— YUNA?!” She cried, “You could’ve cleaned up the vomit in the sink you know?!”

   “Sorry,” I called back, “I was out of it then so I had no idea where I was even.”

   I listened to her complaints as she turned on the tap and washed it all down the drain. I tried very hard no to laugh at her misery in doing so but yeah, oh well I couldn’t really do a thing about it basically. “What’s up with the Committee today?” I asked her as she walked out of bathroom with her hands over her noise to get out of the stench.

   “They were working today, I saw them holding back the day class but I didn’t go see them today, no point and I was worried about you too. They need you, even if Kurando is there too. Having four people is amazing for them.” I nodded in agreement at what she said. They used to be only two, one of which rarely showed up… Zero, who I recently discovered was a Vampire himself. Why wasn’t he placed in the night class… maybe he wouldn’t get along with the other students—because he’s a Vampire Hunter? Makes sense to me.

   “I would help but you’re gonna stop me, right?” I said.

   She nodded with a grin, “You’re not going anywhere missy.” I laughed.

   “OK, whatever.”

After a while of just sitting down and talking, darkness fell over Cross Academy and I felt a little cold. I was thinking about Shiki a lot and also Kurando. Fear rose at the thought of both. I didn’t know why but after Shiki bit me, my attraction to him has ridden by a lot but I fear him more now at what he’s capable of. He could steal a taste of my blood at any moment and I probably wouldn’t be able to stop him…

   “Your hair does look nice down Yuna…” Asuna mentioned; I was still in my uniform from last night and everything. My hair still down and in place thanks to the hairspray; I felt a little cheery because I looked a lot better than I did last night. Sick and terrifying.