Chapter 33: Keeping It Together!

Chapter 33:

Keeping It Together!

Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. Oh. My. God. I continually thought over and over again. Get me out of this nightmare! I am not here! I am not here!

   I was walking back toward the gates where the night class would enter through to pass all the love-struck teenagers. Their gates looked gloomy that afternoon. The sun began to fade behind the trees glaring a nice orange coloured sky where the birds tweeted and flew happily. Me on the other hand—that was a different story.

   Bane had to stand with me the entire time! He wouldn’t and couldn’t leave my side under the Headmaster’s orders and he was attracting all the girls’ attention. Soon, there was a massive circle around us with girls holding Bane’s shoulders and arms—pushing me out of the way as they did so. 

   “Oh Bane,” One started, “You’re just so cute!”
   “How do you get your arms so muscular?” said another.

   “Your hair is amazing!” One finished and I almost felt like running head first into a wall—but there were girls in the way of my path; and MY PERSONAL SPACE!

   “All right everybody!” I’d had enough, “Get back! Move aside! The night class is on their way and get out of Bane’s personal space!” And mine, I thought hoping they all read my mind.

   “Gosh Yuna!” One began, “You just want Bane all to yourself! Just like you did with Kurando AND Senri! You’re such a dog!”

   I gasped in surprise at that insult. All the girls began to agree and criticise me which formed a dark cloud above my head. Never had I had this many people hating on me—calling me filthy names and saying that I had done things which I hadn’t and gotten things that I should not have deserved. I had done so much for these girls… why were they treating me like mud?

   I stared at the ground and tried not to take in their horrible words. Bane noticed that it was affecting me so he took a stand, “Hey! Don’t you dare call Yuna-chan a dog ever again! She is none of those things you have been saying! She’s nice and innocent! You don’t understand how much she’s helped you—helped me too! She’ll stand here all night protecting you if she could from anyth—” I had little choice but to jump on Bane to shut him up. His speech was nice but letting all the girls know that I kindly save them from evil Vampires is not the best idea.

   I covered Bane’s mouth with my right hand and yanked his hair from the back closer to my head and I whispered to him, “Shut up, they don’t know that.” I pushed him gently away and he coughed loudly.

   “Um… yeah, she’s… nice.” He mumbled scratching where I pulled his hair. He shot me a frown saying ‘That hurt’ as he rubbed his head.

   ‘Sorry’ I mouthed to him. He shook his head.

   The girls began to move away and line up around the path. Some still pulled faces at me and some still flirted with Bane from afar. I could tell he was admiring the attention though. He continually smiled and waved to them. I wasn’t happy at all though so I stood at the gate waiting for the night class students to come. I sighed deeply I relief as finally I saw both Yuuki and Zero coming to straighten the girls up and keep them as far away from the walkway as possible. I also noticed Asuna coming up from behind one of the lines. She rolled her eyes at me then smiled—she obviously had to stay back for a bit; wonder why.

   Finally after some time, the night class students stepped forward and opened the gate. The girls on the sides cheered and called out their names; Bane was now slowly forgotten but he didn’t mind. He just chilled against a nearby tree until my work was done.