Chapter 45: The Death Of Love

Chapter 45:

The Death Of Love

I began to shake as well as Shiki. His wound wasn’t deep but it was hurting him so much. I just watched as Kurando mumbled cries of pain with the long sword pierced through him. My father let go of the sword and was taken aback. He stared at Kurando in fear.

   “What are you?” He asked as Kurando, with a giant cry, pulled the sword out from inside him. Kurando crouched a bit, still holding the sword.

   “Your worst nightmare.” He said beginning to laugh.
   I watched motionless as my mind had over a million things running through it at the time. I couldn’t concentrate and I didn’t know what to say or do. Kurando wasn’t going to survive this!

   Suddenly an idea had popped into my head. I had to act quickly about it though. I glanced at the sword being held in possession but Kurando and then glanced at Shiki.
   He looked at the sword himself and nodded. He understood what I was going to do.
   “You’re not going to get in the way of this! I will destroy all Vampires!” My father cried standing tall in anger. Kurando looked as though he was going to throw up.
   I knew then and there I had to act.
   Shiki pierced his finger tip, launched his blood whip at Kurando’s arm and wrapped around the sword, lifting it up at a high angle. I forced myself up instantly pushing against Kurando’s arm and forcing it toward my father.
   “Over my dead body!” I croaked in a hoarse voice.
   My father stepped back as the sword struck him through the chest at an upward angle. I pushed it through as it came out the other side of his body. Both Kurando and Shiki let go of the sword and we watched as my father stood for a few seconds. His dark eyes staring at us—as if he was about to scold us… but then he smiled slightly.
   Shiki pulled the sword out from his chest and my father fell backwards landing on the hard concrete beneath. What a goodbye…
   I fell back as well, tears rolled down my face and my stomach felt as if it was climbing up my throat. I had just killed my father.
   Kurando quickly fell backwards on top of me and I wrapped my arms around him in shock. “Kurando?! KURANDO?!” I continually cried. Over and over again his eyes rolled back into his head and went back to normal again, like he was going in and out of consciousness. I shook him and pinched his arms. Shiki placed his hands over Kurando’s wound to try to stop the blood flow but it wasn’t working. Shiki’s urge to have a taste of his blood was much too strong and so he licked his fingers over and over again. “SENRI!” I shouted as tears streamed faster and faster down my face. He stopped and continued to try and stop the blood. “WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE ELSE?!” I cried as gasps of emotional pain were beginning to mess up my speech.
   I turned and could see everyone from the Academy. Why the hell weren’t they coming to help?! We needed them! Kaname could heal Kurando! Everyone else could try and help too! Why were they just standing there?!
   “Yu-Yuna…” Kurando murmured touching my face. His wings had disappeared and his claws were now transforming back to normal fingernails. My eyes were clouded in so many tears I could barely see him morphing back to normal.
   “Kurando, you need to stay in your possessed form or you’ll die.” Shiki said rocking his shoulder.
   Kurando turned to him, “I can’t. He doesn’t want to feel the pain anymore.” He paused for a moment and took in a struggled breath, “Senri, promise me this: look after this beautiful girl. She’s worth it. She’s worth every minute of every day. Don’t forget that.” Kurando mumbled to Shiki.
   Kurando closed his eyes and I began to shake him harder, “Kurando please! PLEASE! DON’T GO PLEASE! I NEED YOU!” I cried out and screamed. I squeezed his chest as he lay against me dying. There was nothing I could do.
   I kissed his forehead as tears dribbled from my face onto his. “Kurando…” I whispered in dread.

   “Hahahahahahahaha-” This cackling, child’s laugh filled the area both me and Shiki were lying in. We both glanced up in confusion, “That’s so cute!” Spoke a familiar voice. Elvira.
   I glanced up and saw the little girl standing 2 metres from us. “YOU!” I cried.
   “Yes.” She began, “Isn’t this fun? You guys all alone here? One of your friends dying? You killed your father?! This is like a drama T.V. show!”
   “Shut up!” I shouted! “You’re a terrible person!”
   Her face changed to a mutual stare, “I didn’t kill my father.”
   I remained silent.
   “Was your father just like you? Was he a sewer rat?” Shiki said with a straight face.
   Elvira shot him a dirty look, “How dare you!” She yelled. “You know what’s funny though? I paused every Vampires motions over there.” She pointed toward the Academy, “Wonder why no one came to your aid?”
   “You monster! Kurando’s gonna die!” I screamed as I could still faintly here light breaths of life within him.
   She shrugged. “I suppose.” She looked around. “I could help him though.” She said with a grin. “I can heal.”
   “Life threatening wounds?” Shiki asked.
   She nodded.
   “Please! Do it! Save him!” I cried. Shiki bumped my arm and shook his head.
   “I take a price though.” She whispered with a cheeky grin.
   I thought for a moment holding Kurando with a tight hug. What was I going to do? I needed to save him but what if the price was something horrible? I cannot risk someone else’s life for Kurando’s but I need to save him somehow.

   At that very moment a long wolf’s howl echoed through the school’s gates. Bane and Aminta came running up behind us and they crouched at our sides.
   “Guys!” I stuttered, “Kurando is dying!” I was shaking in shock.

   Aminta shook her head in disdain. She glanced up at Elvira. “Why are you such an evil Vampire?” Aminta asked, “You’re filth.”
   Aminta and Bane stood up and walked toward her. Elvira gave them angry looks, “Werewolves. I remember you!” She cried.

   “You!” Bane shouted, “Give me back my wolf form!”
   “Oh.” Elvira shifted awkwardly from where she was standing. “You want that?” She asked.
   I thought again. If he wants his wolf form back, she’ll want something for it.
   “Bane wait!” I tried to stop him. I knew this wasn’t going to be good.

   “I’ll speed up your wolf form. You’ll be able to transform into your fully grown wolf.”
   “BANE!” I called but he wasn’t listening.
   With a flick of Elvira’s index finger. She pointed at Bane and he began to morph into his wolf form. He turned into his ordinary wolf cup and growled at Elvira. She flicked her finger once more and Bane began to grow in size. His entire body was growing until he reached his fully grown wolf form. He howled and changed his stance to a pouncing position at Elvira.
   “Cute.” She said, her face mutual again. “However I need something in return.” She said then disappeared.

   We all looked around for a moment and she reappeared behind Aminta. Floating and peering over her shoulders, “How about a life?” She said as she grabbed Aminta’s hair and pushed a long metal sword through her chest piercing right through her heart.
   I watching in terror as I noticed the sword was my fathers. She must have picked it up without me or Shiki knowing. She had just stabbed Aminta.
   Aminta cried out in pain before she was pushed to the ground and lying there still. Blood seeped from her mouth and she wasn’t moving.
   Bane bolted, still in his wolf form and began howling and barking at Aminta who was lying on the concrete.
   “Aminta!” I called out but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t reach her!
   “Now. I’ll heal that boy for you.” Elvira said appearing in front of us and casting her hand over his wound. A bright light appeared and his injuries vanished. Kurando awoke and sat up instantly.

   “What?!” He cried beginning to cough and splutter.
   I leapt up with all the energy I had left and ran for Aminta. It wasn’t the day Kurando was going to die, it was Aminta.
   “Aminta!” I jumped down to her side and shook her shoulders but she wasn’t moving. Bane ran in circles barking and crying out.
   Kurando and Shiki ran over too. “Kurando…” I mumbled hugging him.
   “I’m so happy I can hold you now.” Kurando whispered tightly holding him in his arms.
   Elvira appeared behind us, “Naw cute.” She said. “Now for my price.” She pulled out the sword from before and held it up to my face. “I want him.” She said pointing to Kurando.
   I stood up slowly and so did Kurando, helping me to stand. “What?” I asked holding him tightly.
   “I’ll keep him. I’ll pause his life and I’ll catch up to his age. He’ll be my husband—the cutie he is.” She said with a giggle.
   “NO!” I shouted. “You can’t!” I refused to let him go.
   She swung the sword toward me and Kurando pushed me down out of the way. She then lifted her index finger and Kurando paused. He stood like a statue and stared into blankness. She latched onto his arm and looked at me from above.
   “Have a nice life.” She said, “I know I will.” And vanished instantly with Kurando.
   I began to shake and swear and scream. I’ve lost two people… two people I love. Gone.