Chapter 44: His Invincible Weapon

Chapter 44:

His Invincible Weapon

I could only see white. The brightness had engulfed my entire vision. A ringing noise filled my ears as I felt myself fall to a non-visible ground. I was then surrounded in darkness. My eyes had shut at this point. I just lay there, without thinking of anything. I thought I was dead. I couldn’t think, couldn’t talk, couldn’t move; nothing. Where was I anyway?

   I felt a nudge on my arm and after two minutes I managed to open my eyes. My vision was blurry but it soon repaired itself and was able to witness my surroundings. Oh the horror I faced: Dust, just dust. It slowly drifted to the ground. I then realized the dust was of previous Vampires… all of them—they didn’t make it.

   “Yuna?” Aminta was the one nudging my arm. She was sitting next to me, “Yuna, sit up please.” She said pulling me into an upright position. I didn’t even notice my father still standing in front of me. The remains of Vampires just took my whole interest. I was about to scream.

   “Ahh argh,” My mouth was still dry and I began to shake and flail around. Tears rolled down my cheeks in shock. I couldn’t believe what I had done.

   “Yuna? Say something?” She asked rubbing my back trying to calm me. It wasn’t working.

   “I—I killed them all…” I managed to croak out. Aminta stared at me in disbelief.

   “I don’t know… I thought they all escaped, though.” Aminta scratched her head.

   My father began to clap slowly, “Well done my daughter. That was impressive.” He said about to start laughing. I glared at him.

   I began to shake even more. “You monster.” I mumbled under my breath. He heard it.

   “I’m not the one who killed thousands of Level E Vampires in one go. That was absolutely astounding. I’m seriously gobsmacked. I have only an army of two.” He replied with a sharp grin.

   My heart began to beat faster, everyone’s alive! “Did… did all the Vampires survive?” I asked trying to stand up. Aminta let me lean on her shoulder for support.

   “I don’t know, depends how powerful you are.” He said anxiously. He seemed a bit uncomfortable.

   “What’s wrong?” I asked trying to stand up straight.

   He glanced around for a bit, “I can sense them. They’re alive. Most of them I assume.” He span in a circle. “Those disgusting creatures deserve to die.” He glanced around some more.

   After a few moments of watching him, all of a sudden a shaggy boy was dropped from the sky and onto my father. He lashed out and punched and kicked him until my dad threw him off.

   “What the hell?!” My father cried pulling out long sword and pointing it at the boy.

   “Bane!” Aminta cried. She let go of me letting me fall but I understood. He needed her.

   “Old man, I ain’t a Vampire.” Bane said laughing.

   My dad snickered, “This isn’t an ordinary weapon either.” He said pulling it back and stroking its sides. “This sword kills every being as well as a Vampire hunters weapon kills a Vampire.”

   Bane was taken aback and he pulled Aminta behind him. I tried to get my strength and crawl but I couldn’t. Not yet. It was too difficult.

   “Bane…” I tried to call out but he couldn’t hear, “Aminta…” They were walking backwards now. Oh God!