˗ˋ 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE WATCHES

. . .

Pandora Rosier was different than your normal person. It wasn't that she was unique - she was just incredibly strange. She seemed to absolutely hate anyone and everyone, but had a soft spot for pretty things, Pandora loved pretty things.

In fact, she would go to questionable lengths in order to acquire something that she thought fit that. Whether it was a letter-opener shaped like a dagger as the students of Hogwarts had seen before, or the necklace around her neck. They hadn't seen her take it, but Pandora had enticed a young gentleman in a shop to give it to her. Not that it took much convincing.

All in all, Pandora liked to have things her way. Didn't like to be denied anything, and certainly didn't like to be kept in the dark. She had spent six years in her old family home, the house where she believed her father to have murdered her own mother in cold blood. Because that was how she liked it.

And she had come to Hogwarts because she believed it was what she wanted. But in light of recent events, it became clear to the girl that not everything happened in the way that she had been taught. Not a single behaviour or trait that her mother had taught or pruned her to become fit in the world that Pandora now lived within. 

So with no idea how to actually function like any other student or staff member at Hogwarts, Pandora remained stuck in her ways. She slipped from lesson to lesson without making any sound, was barely seen other than in lessons or with Remus Lupin.

She made no attempt to make any other friends, revelled in the distance between her and those who had shuffled away from her as she sat at the dinner table. Other than in her various classes (all which she excelled at to the point where people found themselves genuinely wondering what she had spent those years in the Rosier house doing), Pandora only visited her dorm and the library. 

But now, at around ten o'clock at night, when the girl was surely supposed to be in the second of those places, she was nowhere near at all. In fact, she was back in front of the Hospital Wing. Wondering why on earth Remus Lupin was in theree and why Sirius Black had lied to her.

Pandora loved pretty things, and on the opposite end of the spectrum was ugly. Lies were ugly. And so, the Rosier girl naturally hated lies. She hated being lied to and only ever told lies for her own protection. Or to cover up aspects of family history.

And when that sole butterfly had revealed what was truly going on within the Hospital Wing, Pandora was shocked she hadn't reacted as badly as she would've expected to. Instead, she had pretended to take Sirius's word and left.

Only to return there later that night, when the time that was required for them to be in their dorms or at very least the common room had passed. She was yet to be seen by anyone, although there was a rather close call as she slipped through the Entrance Hall in the shadows.

But she had not been caught and sent back to her dorm with points taken off or a detention promised for that Saturday. And as she hadn't been caught, Pandora was now stood beside the Hospital Wing door where that very butterfly had been caught earlier, her hand on the handle and her ear pushed up against the wood.

She couldn't hear much, so far had just been some groaning and hushed talking. Now though, it seemed to be a lot louder. "Come on, Mr Lupin, it's time to go." The voice of Madam Pomfrey carried across the room, and Pandora's brow creased in confusion. 

Another low groan could be heard, and then the shuffling of feet grew louder and louder. Panicking, Pandora reached her hand forward, butterflies streaming out in front of her, forming some kind of staircase.

They were neither big nor substantial at all, yet somehow the girl could walk on them, climbing up as quickly as she could until she reached one of the ornately designed cut outs in the wall, a statue of some old healer set in there.

The door opened just as Pandora managed to slip behind the statue, and she peered out from behind it as Madam Pomfrey walked by. And she was joined by a rather weak looking Remus Lupin shuffling along beside her, supported by the nurse's arm.

And now that Pandora had confirmed with her own eyes that Remus was in there, and the butterfly hadn't created an illusion, the only question was what on earth is wrong with Remus Lupin?

And where the hell was he going?