˗ˋ 38

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE MEETS
SOMEONE NEW

. . .

She was bored.

Pandora Rosier was at what could potentially be one of the biggest parties of the Hogwarts year (she hadn't even been to any other party, at Hogwarts or not, but considering it was Halloween and a Quidditch celebration combined, she knew it had every chance to be), and she was bored out of her mind.

She had tried to be open-minded about it all, and tried to find some way for her to stop, but this.. well it just wasn't her type of things. Which was entirely unsurprising, given her closed off personality, lack of social skills that had been identified  and pointed out by Remus on multiple occasions and being disliked by absolutely everyone else in the room other than him completed it. 

The girl had been close to leaving the entire time she was there, but something stopped her. She didn't know what exactly, just that Pandora didn't feel as if she could leave. Maybe it was because she had agreed to come because Remus asked her to, and something deep within her felt as though she should at least stay for him, given that he had abandoned his friends in Hogsmeade and forced them into standing with her for the entirety of a Quidditch match.

If there was one thing that Pandora wasn't, and it was stupid - she knew they all hated her, and it was more than obvious how uncomfortable her presence had made them. For Remus, they didn't say anything, so for Remus, Pandora would stay.

Luckily, she had managed to find a quiet corner, having given being social a go and not evening being comfortable enough to try she had decided to explore a bit. Pandora had taken of the swirling staircases attatched to the common room and descended down it, right down to the very bottom, where she found a sofa and bookshelf by a window, which displayed almost all of the sprawling Black Lake.

She  didn't really know what else she could do. Remus would find her there eventually if he  was planning on looking and there wasn't exactly the largest amount of places she could be. People had seen her, and were available to tell see her disappear down the stairs. If he wanted to ifind her, he could, and she knew he would.

For some reason, similar to the strange feeling she had that stopped her from leaving, she just seemed to know that he would come eventually.

As she waited, Pandora pulled on of the books off of the bookshelf and found herself reading about Astronomy and the mystery of space above them, her focus not even leaving the page as she heard footsteps. 

"Ah... the mysterious intruder." An airy voice broke through her thoughts and Pandora automatically snapped the book shut, looking more than confused as she saw a boy with long, almost straggly blonde hair and dressed entirely in a deep yellow. "I did not expect you here, nor at the above jamboree."

"Who are you?" She asked, indignant.

"Xenophilius Lovegood, who are you?" He replied. 

"Pandora Rosier. Slytherin."

"Ravenclaw." Xenophilius stepped forward, holding out his hand. Pandora might have been suspicious, but she hadn't been raised to be rude and also lifted her hand, finding that he didn't shake her hand, but instead clasped it in both, muttering something.

"What did you say?" Pandora demanded as she retracted her hand and stared down at it for a moment before looking back at him, her eyes flickering down too his necklace, a triangular eye, glistened from a golden chain around his neck. "And why do you have that symbol on your necklace?"

"I merely wished you luck against the Wrackspurts." Xenophilius replied, and Pandora's eyes narrowed even further. "This?" He clutched the charm of his necklace. "This is the symbol of the Deathly Hallows, is it not?"

"Yes." The girl sighed. She had been thinking of something else, but she supposed that explanation was necessary. She severely doubted something nattering on about something called Wrackspurts knew that sign respresented another dark wizards. "I suppose it is."

"Well, now that I've wished you well against those pesky creatures, I must be off. Tomorrow I shall bring you something to ward off the Nargles as well.. I have a feeling that you may need it." Xenophilius turned back towards the stairs and disappeared, as if he had barely even been there at all.

Pandora was still staring at the staircase when someone else came rushing down, Remus appearing at the bottom only slightly out of breath. "Oh thank God." He exclaimed once he saw her, leaning against the wall. He had a sort of dopey smile on his face as he pushed himself up and came to sit by her, slumping in the chair.

Pandora's posture was perfect, and she tilted her head as she looked down on him. He smelt awfully sweet, mixed with spice - a combination that could only have come from the raging common room above. "I thought you left." Remus admitted.

"I didn't think you would be too bothered." Pandora replied.

"Why ever not? You know... I would miss you...." He hiccuped. "..Far too much."