˗ˋ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY TALK

. . .

The next few days were seemingly normal following Pandora's magic accidentally pushing the statue off of it's place. It had been fixed; Remus had been one of the people passing through the Entrance Hall with his head glued upwards, eyes resting on the statue as his friends steered him around people. 

And it seemed that even though he would try to avoid Pandora, he quite frankly couldn't. She was in far too many of his classes, but was yet to actually interact with him in them. His only 'safe' class was Care of Magical Creatures, which Pandora wasn't in.

The Rosier girl was quite clearly smart, and had taught herself most of the things she needed to know. And so she would sit in the back of the class quietly, always answering questions with ease and a know-it-all air to her words.

But there was one class that her knowledge failed her. And that was Defense Against the Dark Arts. It didn't take a genius to figure out why, but nobody dared say it.

Pandora was bad at Defense Against the Dark Arts because she had never been against it. It was most likely she had grown up with it infused in her mind and her blood, and darkness came naturally to her. 

With her magic, Remus wouldn't be surprised if it just naturally defended her against things, such as attacks and things like that. But there would be cracks in the barriers it could create, which had moulded thee Rosier girl into the witch she was now. 

Pandora's magic was wild, untamed and quite frankly dangerous to everyone, other than herself. Or it could be to herself. Perhaps Remus would know whether or not her magic would save her if he hadn't moved her out of the way. 

"You shouldn't have said anything Moony." Sirius had chimed, the evening following their first day of school. It had, admittedly, been quite the eventful twenty-four hours since arriving at Hogsmeade station. "Just let the stupid statue fall on her and fix all of our problems."

"At least Rem has some morals." James frowned, elbow leaning on the table. The group had gathered in the common room after their day of varied classes. "Although.. by saving her she might get more obsessed with you."

"Obsessed? She is a bit, isn't she." Remus sighed. "I couldn't not save her, though. Just because she might be obsessed with me after knowing me for not even a full day, or because you have some strange family history with her, Pad." 

"S'pose you hadn't though, you couldn't be blamed." Sirius scoffed. "She's actually mental."

"And yet she's got you all talking about her." A rather wise, but familar voice spoke above them, a shock of red hair, a pile of books gripped against the grey of her uniform.

"Alright Evans?" James grinned up at the girl, any distress from the previous topic of conversation disappearing from his face. "When Minnie puts up the Hogsmeade list, what do you say? I reckon Rosmerta could-"

"You already know my answer Potter." Lily Evans replied. "I was only passing, and I thought I would say my part. Personally, I just think she wants the attention, and with you playing into it and reacting to it, it only makes that worse. Something probably happened to her that made her like that, and she spent all that time alone."

"I knew you were a smart one, Lily-flower." James smiled up at her, Lily shaking her head and walking away. "So she thinks we should ignore Pandora?"

"Just like Lily does to you." Peter chimed in, Remus and Sirius laughing as James frowned, glaring at his friends. They fell into silence, the joke dying and minds returned to what they were thinking of before.

"You know." The Lupin boy spoke up after staring at the cover of his Charms book for several minutes. The other three looked up at  him, heads tilted as they waited for him to continue. 

"Dumbledore asked me to watch over her. He seems to think she would be useful on our side.. according to the currently climate outside of Hogwarts." Remus shrugged. "She's.. as he so literally put it - obsessed with me. And he thought I should take advantage of it and try to turn her."

"And are you going to?" Sirius asked, eyebrow cocked as a hand ran through his dark curls, hair settling against his shoulders moments after.

"Perhaps."