˗ˋ 04

CHAPTER FOUR

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S DESTROYED

. . .

Remus pulled her out of the Great Hall and into the mostly Entrance Hall, having chosen a perfect time to do such a thing; the high-ceilinged room practically empty, other than the moving paintings, which covered the stone walls.

Almost as soon as they passed the large wooden doors, Remus hissed in pain as the feeling of burning spread through his fingertips, and he tore his hand away from Pandora's arm, staring down at it, eyes focusing on the tiny red welts that sat there.

It was peculiar - with magic such as her own it would've been easy just to cause him pain, but yet already, she was burning them both. "Nobody touches me, let alone drags me anywhere." And even if her magic hadn't caused him to set alight, her words would, tone so harsh.

"You can't keep going around doing this. It's creepy. That poor girl just wanted to open a letter from her parents in peace." Remus hissed, enclosing his hurt hand in the other, still tense from the burning pain. 

"I don't think you understand." Pandora's voice was soft, but her tone had the most dangerous, enticing quality. "I wasn't being mean to her, I was simply having fun."

"So you said. But that kind of fun is inappropriate and is more teasing than anything." The Lupin boy said, watching as her gaze drifted, clearly not paying attention. "And you might think I'm pretty, but you need to leave me alone, and every other student in this school."

"But you're pretty." Her tone was playful, but still as sharp as the blade of the letter opener, that now sat broken on the stone flooring of the Great Hall. "And I get what I want."

"You can't take things that you don't own." He raised his voice, only slightly. It didn't phase her in the slightest. "It doesn't matter whether they're living, inanimate or pretty."

A sigh left the girl's lips, a single finger twisting one of the curls of her dark hair, blue eyes flashing with intensity and wildness. "You can't tell me what to do." Her voice was even louder than his, and it echoed around the Entrance Hall, the closer inhabitants of the portraits stuffing their fingers into their ears.

"I'm not telling you what to do. I'm telling you on behalf of everyone in this school." Remus corrected her, and the wildness only swirled faster, becoming more and more dangerous. A whirpool of emotion, that seemed to be drawing him in. 

And because of this he didn't seem to notice the black butterflies gather above his head, trailing up to the ceiling, more and more appearing out of nowhere and continuing to flutter upwards, gathering by one of the stone statues of guards, set in a nook high above them.

"Really? Then tell everyone in this school that I simply do not care." It seemed that Pandora wasn't at all controlling the butterflies, and she stepped closer to Remus, looking up at him, an icy glare settling in her eyes. "I do not care about the little girl, or whether or not the things that I take I own. I don't care. I just do what I want."

Her voice was growing louder and louder, until she was shouting, and Remus winced, looking away from her. In the corner of his eye, he finally noticed the trail of butterflies, and glanced back to Pandora, who was glaring at him, hands balled in fists.

His gaze trailed upwards, following the dark cloud and spotting where they were heading, creating a cloak of black around the knight statue. The Lupin boy's eyes widened in panic, and he looked towards Pandora, who was still glaring at him.

"Count to three, slowly." He said. "Take deep breaths, and count to three."

"What?" The instruction had taken Pandora by surprise, and her entire manner dropped, looking utterly confused. "Count to three? What's that going to do." 

"Do it." Remus said, and Pandora's face crumpled, but did as he said, and slowly, the butterflies stopped appearing, until the very last moved. But it didn't seem to stop them, despite Pandora's counting.

And he watched as the dark cloud of butterflies pushed the statue over the edge, instinctly pulling the girl away from where it would fall, just about managing to move out of the way as it hit the floor.

The hall fell silent as the dusty cloud appeared. The knight statue was shattered on the floor, the stone breaking easily where they were once stood. But whilst Remus looked panicked, Pandora looked eerily calm, as if she hadn't almost been killed.

Rather suddenly, the students were moving quickly to the door as the dust settled, staring open-mouthed at the remains of the statue. Through the crowd appeared the teachers, McGonagall, Slughorn and Dumbledore at the forefront of the group.

James, Sirius and Peter fought their way to the front, having similar reactions to anyone else as they spotted the statue on the floor, Remus covered in dust and Pandora the same beside him.

"Miss Rosier, Mr Lupin." Dumbledore said, eyes raising from the remains to the pair stood beside them. "I would appreciate if you joined me and Professor Slughorn in going to my office." 

With no other option, Remus and Pandora followed him, climbing precariously over the rubble to get to the clear path. Dumbledore paused, turning around. "Professor McGonagall, I trust that you can see to cleaning this up."

McGonagall nodded, getting to work instantly, ignoring the objections from Sirius, James andd Peter, who couldn't quite believe that Remus had been taken with them.

But to Dumbledore's office the pair would go.

a/n
realised that remus 
just constantly would 
nickname his partner
as dora </3