˗ˋ 63

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE MORNING 
COMES 

. . .

It was awkward in the Gryffindor boys dorm the next morning. Remus awoke with a headache and a dull, pulsing pain in his stomach that could both be completely unrelated and directly related to the alcohol he consumed the night before. Perhaps it was unrelated; he was somewhat sure it was the uncertainty of Pandora joining them later that morning combined with the worry of that no matter what he said, everything that Sirius had told her, everything that Regulus had projected on to her might just affect her more than he could.

He stayed under his covers, avoiding the sideways glances of James and Peter as they worried about the tension created between Remus and Sirius, who went about his business silently, a sullen expression on his face as he disappeared for his breakfast, returning only when necessary to do so. 

And when Sirius left the room, leaving for breakfast, Remus pushed the covers back and stood up, disappearing into the bathroom to wash up and change out of his pajamas, pulling an old muggle band shirt and fair-isle patterned woolly jumper. As he left the bathroom to retrieve a pair of socks - which was typical of him to forget, especially considering he was currently in a draughty castle with cold floors, even though the fire in the centre of their dorm room was constantly lit during the winter months - he could only look up and find Peter and James stood by the foot of Peter's bed as the owner attempted to stuff as many clothes in his trunk without folding them with the Potter taking them back and actually folding them, all whilst the pair muttered to themselves in a hurried fashion. 

"Speaking about me?" Remus didn't really understand why he automatically turned to hostility, but the way that Peter dropped the lump of a t-shirt he  had just grabbed, he was proven right. "No - don't mind me, go right ahead."

"Moony, mate." James shook his head, dark hair moving out of his eyes, free of it's usually product entrapment. "You can't be pissed at us, can you? We didn't do shit." 

"No." Remus swallowed and turned towards his own bed, straightening out the red covers before hauling his trunk out from beneath it and placing it on top, ready to begin packing. "No, I can't... and I'm not."

"Good. You can be pissed at Sirius and Regulus and Pandora but-"

"I'm not pissed at Pandora." The Lupin stopped James in his tracks. "Why the hell would I be pissed at Pandora?"

"Okay." James grinned, moving across the room and beckoning Peter to follow, hanging off one of the poles of his four-poster bed. "We all know you're in love with her, Rem, but-"

"Woah - love." Peter repeated, Remus's gaze snapped up to James, who only shrugged and smirked. "You're in love with her?"

"Peter - not right now." James shook his head. "Look, I know you're pissed with Sirius and Merlin, he deserves it this time. But look around, he's not here right now, so what the hell is up with you?"

Remus didn't say anything for a moment, instead busying himself with filling his trunk with things he needed for the holidays, looking through his piles of books to select out a couple to entertain himself for the two weeks. "I... I don't know if Pandora is coming today. I don't know if she's staying at Hogwarts, I don't know if she's going to her house or if she's coming with us to yours'." He admitted.

"Wait - Pandora is coming to James's?" Peter repeated, eyes wide. "Why didn't I know this?"

"We told you several times, Pete. With Marlene and Lily?" James watched as he shook his head. "Before Slughorn's party... I don't know how long before but Remus expressed his worries, so I asked my mum and dad and invited her. That's why Sirius got all pissy last night. We didn't know how to tell him, considering his hatred and all."

"Right. Yeah. Worries?" 

"She's improved... a lot since coming here. I'd like to think I'm a big part of that but it's her improvement, her effort, almost all of it was her active decision to not... kill me or something." Remus mumbled it out. "I didn't want her to go back to her house where a lot of... things happened and it all gets reversed in two weeks."

"Right." Peter repeated his words, nodding. "So Pandora kinda needs to come to James. Does Sirius know these reasons?"

"Sirius wouldn't stop insulting her for two fucking minutes to let anyone get a word in edgeways." Remus scoffed. "Making assumptions and shit. He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about."

"Moony." James interrupted him and his gaze moved upwards again. Sirius was in the doorway. 

Remus scoffed, stuffing the last few things into his trunk before slamming it shut, reaching to pick up his sneakers. "Too nice, huh?" Remus repeated the words he had been accused of the night before then turned to the door, passing Sirius in a breeze. "I'm going to breakfast. Join me if you want, I promise I'm not trying to 'get you on my side'." 

And with that he disappeared out of the dorm, anger fizzling in his stomach.

a/n
the idea of angry remus is
hot ngl like yes wolf boy 

also so sorry for making sirius 
the villian but its for a reason 
i swear <33

also so sorry for not updating 
lols i'm really shit at that these
days