˗ˋ 49

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH REMUS 
MAKES UP HIS MIND

. . .

Seeing as Remus had managed to keep Pandora talking for so long, it was easy to believe that somehow over an hour had passed and the first lesson of the day was over. He hadn't even considered bringing the conversation to an early close, knowing that after that argument it was more important than ever for him to be by her side.

Because as much as Pandora seemed to hate to be crowded by people - crowded in this sense meaning being around anyone at all - Remus now knew that for the first time in her life, she felt like she needed someone. 

And it made his insides jump with excitement to learn that he was that person.

And whilst he obviously held some miraculous talent to be the 'someone', he didn't have the ability to forget the rest of the questions he had thrown at her, and the other words that had joined them. 

From the content look on Pandora's face she seemed to be choosing to forget how he informed her that she was manipulative and insane, how he had accused her of choosing to live the stilted, lonely life that she did. But it wasn't her fault at all, really. Now that he had heard more about her mother and the nightmares that plagued her both in waking and sleep, he knew that her choice not to go to Hogwarts was only a miniscule part of it all.

Her mother was the origins on all of her problems, there was no doubt in his mind about that. Dysnomia had poisoned her daughter's mind with her own deranged ideals and thoughts and simultaneously turned Pandora and the society she was supposed to seemingly slot perfectly into against each other.

It was her mother's death - and from the sounds of it, Pandora's father most definitely had a reason to murder his wife - that had caused her to lock herself away like the muggle tale of a princess in a tower. Because of Dysnomia, it had created almost an agoraphobic-like situation for Pandora. Pandora wasn't necessarily afraid of going outside per-se, but instead made her believe that there was something out there to be afraid of, created this image of every other human in the world to be against people like them.

And it was her mother's death that lead Pandora to the nightmares and creating the butterflies. It was most definitely her mother's influence that had stopped the Ministry from pushing any further when it came to trying to find Pandora as each year passed. Dysnomia had convinced Pandora that to be like her mother was the best she could possibly ask for, and that people would try and argue against it but the daughter shouldn't listen.

There was no way around denying it. Dysnomia was the reason, cause and root to all of the problems Pandora faced. And the idea of it made Remus so incredibly angry. A parent was supposed to nurture their child, teach them what was right and what was wrong, to encourage individuality and introduce them to the unknown and how to get past it. 

From the sounds of it, Adonis Rosier had been perfectly normal until he met Dysnomia. And somewhere along the line, she had sent her husband into the pits of crazy, just as she had done with her daughter. Dysnomia had been the cause of everything, including her own death. 

But there was something in Remus that made him want to know more. Want to know exactly what Dysnomia had done, what she was like, how she had treated Adonis. He wanted to know everything. And he was going to find out. 

But not before several other people found out exactly where he had been.

Remus lead the way, Pandora's hand enclosed within his as they stepped out into the Entrance Hall once again, ultimately coming to a stop in front of his three best friends, who looked somewhat relieved to see him.

"Moony!" Sirius exclaimed as they saw him from several stairs above the ground floor. "There you are, didn't take you as one to skive first lesson of all things. That's something I tend to do." 

Remus glanced behind him, saw Pandora cowering slightly. He had forgotten that Sirius knew Pandora before. He swallowed, pulling her forward from behind his back.

"Oh for fuck's sake, Moony."

a/n
idk if i mentioned this before
however i think we all know andrew
garfield is one of, if not the most, popular
remus fancasts and thus one of my favourites
and so i used andrew as a faceclaim for this book,
so, if you're interested, on my other account ( J4EHYUNS )
 i have a tasm peter parker fic up!