˗ˋ 20

CHAPTER TWENTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE FINDS HIM

. . .

Not once in Pandora's life had she ever needed to apologise to anyone.

Actually she had needed to on multiple occasions over the years. Just in the past couple of months there were maybe hundreds of Hogwarts students that she needed to apologise to.

But would she? No, absolutely not.

However, out of those hundreds of pupils at the Wizarding school, not one of them was her friend. One of them had been - she supposed. 

The Rosier girl wasn't exactly sure if she could count Remus Lupin as her friend, didn't know if he would consider her that. But either way, they had collectively spent hours together in the library and supposedly that could make them friends.

Not that it mattered anymore. She had ruined that, at least she felt it was her fault. Pandora perhaps understood that what she had done was wrong, given his reaction, but if she truly understood it she wouldn't have done it.

Even that didn't matter. What mattered was that now, Remus Lupin was not her friend and she was the cause of that. And she wasn't happy with this outcome at all.

So, Pandora supposed that it could be fixed with an apology. She had never apologised to someone, not her mother, father or anyone else she had ever wronged.

Remus Lupin would be a first.

He was her first friend as well, so it made sense.

The only problem was that Pandora had absolutely no idea how to apolgise to someone. 'I'm sorry' wouldn't cover something like that, and even if it did there was no way that she would say it in the right way and perhaps just make it even worse. 

But she had spent far too many evenings alone in her room, skipping dinner and just staying down in the Slytherin dungeons. Now that she didn't have Remus to talk to, she had nothing else to do but go back to the dorm and go to class. 

She hated it. After years upon years she had been alone and now that she had found someone to talk to and be friends with, she hated every second of being without it. 

Remus had put up with so much shit from her already that it wasn't exactly surprising that he had had enough. Because really - mind reading, breaking statues and following him to find out about his werewolf status wasn't exactly something a normal friend would do within the first couple months of meeting them.

Quiet frankly, Pandora had been a shit person when it came to Remus. But she didn't necessarily fully understand that, but she did know that she needed to apologise. 

And so she was going to. 

In all honesty, the Rosier girl hadn't known where to begin, but she had forced herself up from her emerald-coloured sheets and out of her bedroom, back down into the common room and pushing some fourth year out of the way when she reached the door.

Whoever was saying something awfully rude as the password made it swing open and she pushed past them as well, other students scattered behind them as they saw her on her way. 

She emerged in the Entrance Hall with one last shove of the door to the dungeons, eyes flickering around. "Come on, do your job." She muttered as she settled against the stone wall, watching as butterflies exploded from her fingers and set off in flurries.

Her mind followed them, casting images back to her and replaying in her mind, strange, faded vision looking from each student and trying to find just one.

One of them managed to find it's way into Gryffindor common room and up the stairs to the boys dorms, Pandora quickly extinguishing that specific one and moving to focus on another.

The Great Hall was empty of any sign of him, his friends were at the Quidditch pitch as they trained but he wasn't. The Hospital Wing was luckily empty - she didn't need the grief of him being in there again.

And then a butterfly began to fly down an all-too familar corridor, where the rubble remains of another of her outbursts sat in a corner and through the open door into the library. He had been found.

She moved silently and quickly, he didn't hear or see her coming, all too focused on the book beneath his nose. 

'We need to talk'

It wasn't spoken, just flashed into his mind suddenly and then out again.

In front of him, Pandora Rosier sat down in a chair and he finally looked up from his book.

"Boo."