˗ˋ 67

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH PANDORA EXPRESSES
A WANT

. . .

She was holding onto his sleeve as opposed to the pole of the Knight Bus as it travelled haphazardly quick through the country. They had stopped first in several other areas of London and then the other big cities that had much easier access than tthe winding country lanes that some passengers, like the Potters and their varying passengers, were attempting to get to.

He supposed that this; a crowded bus with old seats and a shrunken head hanging right by the almost just as old driver was sat, was pushing on the limits of Pandora's comforts. She might have broken free of the confines of her parents' teachings - to a point of course, she had lived by then for sixteen odd years and there was only a chance of her easing out of them anyway - but this was a little over her comfort zone.

And he didn't mind that all too much, she was there after all, and that was as much as he could've wished for. She spoke politely to Mr and Mrs Potter when they asked her questions and actually engaged in conversation with himself and James whenever he decided to join in, but she decidedly ignored Sirius - who was ignoring her - and Peter, who was ignoring her by proxy.

So he could only hope that it could continue something like this for the holidays, if only better and most certainly not worse. When seats freed up amongst the depleting number of passengers, he didn't really have much of a problem giving up his coat for her to sit down on as the bus travelled away from cities and further into the bumpy lanes of the countryside to where the Potters decided to reside.

Eventually, much to Pandora's pleasure, the bus came to a creaky stop within the magical village of Godric's Hollow (according to Mr Potter, as he went on to their guest whom he had never met before, his ancestors lived in the village and he had inherited the manor from them after it was passed down for generations), and the group got off.

"And, despite this village's affiliation with the magical world, we still do have to carry our own trunks to the house." Mr Potter said, looking around the group as the Knight Bus shot away into the distance. "So everyone, grab a case - Pandora, I'll take your's, don't worry about it."

"It's fine." There was nothing aloof in her tone as she said it this time, instead smiling neatly as she picked up her trunk and began to follow James, who was leading the way alongside Sirius, who didn't quite dare to look back to Pandora or Remus. "Thank you for offering, though." She added a moment later.

Fleamont watched as she walked, before joining on to the back of the group, ensuring that everyone remained on track and didn't particularly stray away from their joruney up to the house. "What an odd girl - who did you say she was?" Mr Potter asked, looking towards his wife.

"Pandora Rosier. The girl lived in recluse for six years." Euphemia replied, Remus pushing forward in front of them and trying not to listen in too much. "It appears that she didn't have quite so good social skills when she arrived and Remus has brought her out of her shell a bit."

"And Sirius doesn't like her." Fleamont observed, just as bright as his son despite being a little more sleepy in that dad kind of way.

"Apparently so." Euphemia only smiled when Remus glanced back. "It seems that there was a particularly bad one last night, although James hasn't mentioned what it was about."

Remus didn't quite feel like eavesdropping anymore and took several longer strides to catch up with Pandora and Peter in front of him, the latter of which was looking increasingly nervous to be stood beside her - not only was he particualrly antsy in general but after the arguments he seemed to see it as some kind of betrayal to Sirius to glance her way with even a hint of a smile.

Instead, he slipped between them and turned to Pandora. "Are you sure you want to carry it?" He asked. "I can always take it if you want."

"I'm not carrying it." Pandora hummed a reply; of course she wasn't, and there only seemed to be one angle where he could look down to see a curve of golden butterflies around the handle of her trunk, where her hand only hovered. "I like James's parents."

"They're nice, aren't they?" Remus nodded his agreement. "They've had us for every Christmas since we've become friends. Don't worry - you'll enjoy your time with them even though you don't really know them. They'll make you feel welcome."

"I think... I think I made the right decision in coming." Pandora said carefully, as though she could be disapproved as she spoke each word. "I would like to talk to you... about what was said, later on." She eyed the group in front of them, confidence wavering. "I have some things I want to say."

"Yeah, okay." Remus agreed, as James took a turn up the drive of his house. "We can get settled in first and then we can talk."

And for some reason, whether it be her expression or his own stupid hope, Remus was looking forward to it.

a/n
i'm so so sorry i've been
missing i've been doing ncs
and after that (literally doing something
everyday) i've been really restless and not
really able to sit down and write